which schools do you think are the best?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nezlab99

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not trying to start a war here. I am just trying to figure out which osteopathic schools are generally more prestigeous because I am just now starting to look at them. So, what are the top three osteopathic schools?

Members don't see this ad.

So, what are the top three
osteopathic schools?

Best at what, specifically? If you are into rankings then you can look at the USnews rankings of primary care, rural medicine, etc as although USnews do not include osteopathic schools in its research rankings they are included in those ones. However, I am not a big fan of such rankings. I think they key thing with ostepathic programs is not so much which are best, so much as each seems to have a different personality. Some have a very specific regional emphasis (eg PSCOM is vey oriented to serving Appalachia), some are trying to expand their research presence (eg PCOM are now also promoting DO-PhD opportunities). That doesn't mean to say if you don't want a PhD don't go to PCOM as their program has a lot more to offer (nor am I implying they are the only program doing DO-PhD) BUT...what you want in the long term affects which is "best" for you. Serving Appalachia doesn't make Pikeville "bad" unless you are only interested in serving inner cities....