Which schools do you wish you'd applyed to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lizzylu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that the 2004 application cycle is almost over, which schools do you wish you had applyed to?

Mine: NYU and Columbia. I was too lazy to fill out another entire application separate from AMCAS. But NYC would've been fantastic!

Members don't see this ad.

lizzylu said:
Mine: NYU and Columbia. I was too lazy to fill out another entire application separate from AMCAS.

Same here and add Cornell into the mix as well.

I regret my applications to: Finch, Rush, BU, Drexel, USF. (then again, that's all in hindsight ;) ).

Baylor, U. Michigan, Stanford (maybe a Cali State school)

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont think there are any schools left for me to apply to :D

I was actually interested in going to Trinity in Dublin. But I talked to many people and they all said that going outside of the states, besides Canada, is a mistake. So, I dropped that idea. But I thought living in Ireland would have been a great experience. And I know that Trinity is well respected here in the states. In fact, Boston has quite a few Trinity grads.

So, that's the only school that I had thought about but didn't apply to.

UPitt -- I heard such good things about it but rejected it because of the weather and location.

UVM -- same reasons as UPitt.

I wish I would have gone to my UPitt interview and applied to SUNY Downstate and NOT applied to Loyola, Rush, UIC, Drexel, Temple, etc. etc.

I wish I applied to NYU, MSSM and AECOM, damn I lost my chance to go to school in NY. What was I thinking?

I regret applying to Temple, Finch, and Albany.

Johns Hopkins, UPenn, UPitt, UCSF, Mayo, NYU, Cleveland Clinic

i wish i had applied to vanderbilt. i did not realize nashville met my fiance's geographic criteria until it was too late. too bad.

but i'm happy where i'm going. :cool:

CWRU - didn't know enough about it, only got to see it and learn more about it when i interviewed down the block at cleveland clinic. all i had to do was check off an extra box on the electronic secondary (d'oh!)

UPitt - sounds like a really interesting program. pittsburgh's not as bad as people think either.

exmike said:
I dont think there are any schools left for me to apply to :D

haha i know man...

but jhu gets my vote.

I wish I would have sent in the Duke secondary. I should have applied to a broader range of schools including most of the NY state schools. I should not have applied to West Coast schools. I realized after some time that I did not want to move so far away for medical school.

CORNELL....what were I thinking?

Definately Baylor... and I wished I would have gone through the hoop of the Columbia app.

I would have applied to Columbia.

I regret applying to Tufts because when they gave me an interview, I called to schedule it, and no one answered so I left a message. No one ever got back to me!! :mad:

I didn't call back because I got into MSSM which is way better! :D

I think I should get my money back though.....(I know there's no chance of that)

lizzylu said:
Now that the 2004 application cycle is almost over, which schools do you wish you had applyed to?

Mine: NYU and Columbia. I was too lazy to fill out another entire application separate from AMCAS. But NYC would've been fantastic!

UCSF, Michigan.

WashU, to have an impression of the school beyond SDN...