lizzylu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
SF
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Now that the 2004 application cycle is almost over, which schools do you wish you had applyed to?

Mine: NYU and Columbia. I was too lazy to fill out another entire application separate from AMCAS. But NYC would've been fantastic!

TRUE

slacker extraordinaire
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
NYC
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
lizzylu said:
Mine: NYU and Columbia. I was too lazy to fill out another entire application separate from AMCAS.

Same here and add Cornell into the mix as well.

I regret my applications to: Finch, Rush, BU, Drexel, USF. (then again, that's all in hindsight ;) ).

ZekeMD

15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Baylor, U. Michigan, Stanford (maybe a Cali State school)

About the Ads

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Bay Area
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
I dont think there are any schools left for me to apply to :D

LP1CW

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2003
Status (Visible)
I was actually interested in going to Trinity in Dublin. But I talked to many people and they all said that going outside of the states, besides Canada, is a mistake. So, I dropped that idea. But I thought living in Ireland would have been a great experience. And I know that Trinity is well respected here in the states. In fact, Boston has quite a few Trinity grads.

So, that's the only school that I had thought about but didn't apply to.

E

Eraserhead

I wish I would have gone to my UPitt interview and applied to SUNY Downstate and NOT applied to Loyola, Rush, UIC, Drexel, Temple, etc. etc.

TheRussian

Life Size Mirror
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2004
Boston, MA
Status (Visible)
I wish I applied to NYU, MSSM and AECOM, damn I lost my chance to go to school in NY. What was I thinking?

I regret applying to Temple, Finch, and Albany.

elias514

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
Status (Visible)
Johns Hopkins, UPenn, UPitt, UCSF, Mayo, NYU, Cleveland Clinic

DrWuStar

YUM
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
i wish i had applied to vanderbilt. i did not realize nashville met my fiance's geographic criteria until it was too late. too bad.

but i'm happy where i'm going. :cool:

medstylee

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
CWRU - didn't know enough about it, only got to see it and learn more about it when i interviewed down the block at cleveland clinic. all i had to do was check off an extra box on the electronic secondary (d'oh!)

UPitt - sounds like a really interesting program. pittsburgh's not as bad as people think either.

DrJ2B

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2003
NY
Status (Visible)
I wish I would have sent in the Duke secondary. I should have applied to a broader range of schools including most of the NY state schools. I should not have applied to West Coast schools. I realized after some time that I did not want to move so far away for medical school.

AD2020

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2004
NY
Status (Visible)
I would have applied to Columbia.

I regret applying to Tufts because when they gave me an interview, I called to schedule it, and no one answered so I left a message. No one ever got back to me!! :mad:

I didn't call back because I got into MSSM which is way better! :D

I think I should get my money back though.....(I know there's no chance of that)

JohnHolmes

Large Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2003
Status (Visible)
lizzylu said:
Now that the 2004 application cycle is almost over, which schools do you wish you had applyed to?

Mine: NYU and Columbia. I was too lazy to fill out another entire application separate from AMCAS. But NYC would've been fantastic!

UCSF, Michigan.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.