1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Which schools dont rank students?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by cbennett, Jul 30, 2006.

1. cbennett

cbennett Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Does anyone know which schools dont rank students/or are pass fail even if it is only for the first two year?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CCLCMer

CCLCMer CCLCM Alum c/o 2011
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My school does not rank students and is pass/fail for the entire five years.

4. DoctorPardi

DoctorPardi In Memory of Riley Jane
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Buy an msar, it has that information in it. There is no way for me to just list them off real quickly. There are probably 30-40 schools out of 100+ that are p/f.

5. Dr Durden

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Try out this link: http://services.aamc.org/currdir/section1/grading1.cfm

You can search by schools of interest or by grading "intervals." For example P/F would be under "2 Intervals." If you want P/F all four years, search under "Required Clinical Clerkships" as quite a few schools have the first year or two of basic science P/F then switch to stricter grading scales once you hit the wards third year.

6. cbennett

cbennett Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    are pass/fail schools ranked? What i meen is do they take a percentage grade for the course and then if your above a certain percent you pass but then use your percentage to rank your possition within your class.

7. thinknofu3

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    University of Chicago is pass/fail the first two years and does not rank its students. You do get grades in your third year, on an Honors/High Pass/Pass/Low Pass/Fail system. Fourth year as far as I know returns to a pass/fail system.