cbennett

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Does anyone know which schools dont rank students/or are pass fail even if it is only for the first two year?

CCLCMer

CCLCM Alum c/o 2011
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2006
Cleveland expatriate
cclcmstudent.blogspot.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
cbennett said:
Does anyone know which schools dont rank students/or are pass fail even if it is only for the first two year?
My school does not rank students and is pass/fail for the entire five years.

DoctorPardi

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2005
Alabama
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Buy an msar, it has that information in it. There is no way for me to just list them off real quickly. There are probably 30-40 schools out of 100+ that are p/f.

About the Ads

Dr Durden

10+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2006
The Dirty South
Status
Medical Student
Try out this link: http://services.aamc.org/currdir/section1/grading1.cfm

You can search by schools of interest or by grading "intervals." For example P/F would be under "2 Intervals." If you want P/F all four years, search under "Required Clinical Clerkships" as quite a few schools have the first year or two of basic science P/F then switch to stricter grading scales once you hit the wards third year.

OP
cbennett

cbennett

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
are pass/fail schools ranked? What i meen is do they take a percentage grade for the course and then if your above a certain percent you pass but then use your percentage to rank your possition within your class.

thinknofu3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2005
Chicago, IL
Status
Medical Student
University of Chicago is pass/fail the first two years and does not rank its students. You do get grades in your third year, on an Honors/High Pass/Pass/Low Pass/Fail system. Fourth year as far as I know returns to a pass/fail system.

About the Ads