Which schools dont rank students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbennett

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which schools dont rank students/or are pass fail even if it is only for the first two year?

Members don't see this ad.

cbennett said:
Does anyone know which schools dont rank students/or are pass fail even if it is only for the first two year?
My school does not rank students and is pass/fail for the entire five years.

Buy an msar, it has that information in it. There is no way for me to just list them off real quickly. There are probably 30-40 schools out of 100+ that are p/f.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try out this link: http://services.aamc.org/currdir/section1/grading1.cfm

You can search by schools of interest or by grading "intervals." For example P/F would be under "2 Intervals." If you want P/F all four years, search under "Required Clinical Clerkships" as quite a few schools have the first year or two of basic science P/F then switch to stricter grading scales once you hit the wards third year.

are pass/fail schools ranked? What i meen is do they take a percentage grade for the course and then if your above a certain percent you pass but then use your percentage to rank your possition within your class.

University of Chicago is pass/fail the first two years and does not rank its students. You do get grades in your third year, on an Honors/High Pass/Pass/Low Pass/Fail system. Fourth year as far as I know returns to a pass/fail system.