10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2006
BC, Canada
www.facebook.com
Status
Medical Student
Hi guys/girls.

I'm a Canadian and it's hella hard to get into medical school here, so I'm hoping to go to the US.

My question is which schools are most friendly to international applicants?

Thanks.

About the Ads

DrZeke

yzarc gniog ylwolS
10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi guys/girls.

I'm a Canadian and it's hella hard to get into medical school here, so I'm hoping to go to the US.

My question is which schools are most friendly to international applicants?

Thanks.
FWIW, buy the MSAR...you'll be much better off. Look it up on the aamc website.

from what I know...

Wayne State
Vermont
Albert Einstein
Harvard
Yale
Columbia
Cornell
NYU

Pick schools you are interested in and then go to their websites, they will tell you if they accept Canadians. Some don't even accept anyone who isn't a resident of the US, makes the decision pretty easy for you.

paradocs we are

In love with you
10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2007
The Falls
Status
Medical Student
The MSAR wasnt really helpful (for me).

I suggest having a look at my mdapps and apply to the schools that gave me interviews south of the border. Also, you should definitely be applying to UBC since your chances ultimately are the best there.

Doctor Doogie

10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Most private schools are friendly towards international students as long as you can pay the fees.

So, Northwestern , UChicago , Cornell , Columbia, Stanford, Dartmouth, Brown, Yale, NYU, Duke, Harvard, Tufts, Johns Hopkins, Wayne State, Jefferson, Georgetown, Case Western, Einstein, Mt.Sinai, Boston, Vanderbilt.

DD

JA Prufrock

Serenity Now!
10+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
unrelated to the topic, but since the 'nucks aren't in the playoffs, who are you pulling for?

About the Ads