Which schools have the fastest-moving waitlists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bqj

bqj
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on 4 and I'm impatient.

Members don't see this ad.

which 4 are yours?

it seems obvious that lower prestige and higher class size should both increase waitlist movement....

me too. any one know about suny buffalo, evms, and albany?

Members don't see this ad :)
at my evms interview they said the waitlist was a great place to be... and both my tour guides had come off it.

beep said:
at my evms interview they said the waitlist was a great place to be... and both my tour guides had come off it.

they more or less told us that if youre out of state you should expect to be waitlisted. it still SUCKS having to wait until may 15...

beep said:
which 4 are yours?

it seems obvious that lower prestige and higher class size should both increase waitlist movement....

miami, penn state, georgetown, nymc.

I am gonna say MCW is one at the top. About 90 people were taken off the waitlist.

GOBUCKY!

beep said:
which 4 are yours?

Tuition is also a major factor. If somebody gets into private schools adn their state school, they may go for the lower tuition and relinquish a spot on the private school's list.

Ames980 said:
me too. any one know about suny buffalo, evms, and albany?

suny buffalo waitlist moves a lot. and it keeps moving all through the summer. i know at least 3 people alone who got in off the waitlist last year and ended up going there. 2 of them were in the top third and 1 was in the middle third, i think...

at my interview at albany, they said that sometimes there is very little waitlist movement, sometimes there is a whole lot (as in the entire waitlist is almost exhausted) - i'm not sure what that means, i guess they just wanted people to stop asking so they gave a vague reply. either way, after i get their financial aid offer and see the $0 they offer me, i'll be giving up my seat there.

hopefully are virginia, BU, Iowa, and WashU (last two waitlist will probably be all I can hope for off the bat)

this process sucks.

Im on the waitlist to UMich, my top choice :(

To make things worse, I am instate, and I do not think there is much movement on the instate waitlist. USNews said it took 100 acceptances to fill 77 spots, that means 23 from the waitlist, right? :(

on the flip side i think unc is probably the slowest - if they even get to a waitlist. jeez. one of my tour people at wake got off the waitlist day before class started. hows that for a long wait... anyone know about u of roch waitlist?

Does anyone know how much movement there is on Tulane's waitlist?

the gw waitlist moves pretty fast because of the ridiculous tuition/cost of living. my interviewer told me if i got into my state school i'd be crazy not to go.

seethrew..what are you doing out of the unc/ecu thread :eek: :laugh: :laugh:

gdubb said:
seethrew..what are you doing out of the unc/ecu thread :eek: :laugh: :laugh:

please dont tell my probation officer... please!!!!!!!!