Which schools offer academic forgiveness?? thanks

diastole

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
Where the sun don't shine
Status
Pharmacist
USN does but you can't have recent problems or it still counts against you. And if you apply there, you need a pretty high GPA.

Here is their policy:

An applicant can request that the Admissions Office use only your grades from the last five years to calculate overall and prerequisite grade point averages.​
Example: If you apply for fall, 2010, and request academic forgiveness (check box on USN application) grades before January 1, 2005 will not be calculated. Your credit hours are still valid and any degrees you have received will still be counted.​
However, applicants making this request must complete all 10 required prerequisites within the last five years.

Kirbypuff

Worldling
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Many schools, particularly highly reputable ones, have academic forgiveness. However, when competition his fierce, the reason for the need for academic forgiveness and the strength of the rebound that the student makes absolutely has to be astounding.

Jun 16, 2009
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Are there any other schools besides USN that offer academic forgiveness?

I've tried searching on my own and found nothing.

diastole

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
Where the sun don't shine
Status
Pharmacist
I don't know of any other schools with true academic forgiveness. I have heard that some schools will only count the replacement grade if you retake but USN is the only school I am aware of that will grant a do-over. That isn't to say that the schools don't exist but I don't recall reading the forums about them.

desmoulins45179

Waiting for the TARDIS
Apr 30, 2009
Iowa City, IA
Status
Pharmacy Student
I do not know how this works for people applying from other schools but University at Buffalo, per university policy, offers academic forgiveness. If you repeat a class, the first class shows up as *** instead of a grade. This does not apply to pharmcas though and they said they will look at both grades (i'm guessing through pharmcas).
I have no clue how the pharmacy school would consider repeated courses from other schools.

Desperate

10+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2009
Texas Tech University
Status
Pre-Medical
Texas Tech will replace a grade if you retake a class..
However during the interview you'll lose points. For every D in a pre req you'll lose 5 points, and for every F you'll lose 10 points off the interview score. This can seriously mess you so you really have to shine in the other aspects of the interview.