Which Schools Use the Last 60credhrs or take Highest Grade?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xx6xx12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
....When calculating GPA

Does anyone have any more to add to the list?

University of Mary, University of the Incarnate Word, Loma Linda, Western, University of Saint Augustine, Arkansas State University, USC, NYiT, and Mayo

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
A few other schools that look at last 60 credits are:

University of North Florida
Texas State University - San Marcos
University of North Texas
University of Missouri
Mercy college (3.0 for the last 30 credits taken, which must include at least seven science prerequisite courses and a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Central Michigan will look at your last 75 credits if you meet certain criteria.

Eastern Washington University
"GPA is averaged for repeated prerequisite courses.
Overall cumulative GPA is based on last 60 semester credits or last 90 quarter credits."

Some of these have already been listed. Mostly in the Southeast.

Schools that look at last 60hrs
University of Central Arkansas
Arkansas State University
Texas State University
Texas Women's University
University of North Texas
Angelo State University
University of Missouri
Wichita State University
University of North Florida
University of Central Florida
University of St. Augustine FL/TX
University of Northern Illinois
University of Illinois Chicago

University of Florida takes all hours after your initial 60 hours. Depending on how many hours you have, it could be the same as your last 60.

@xx6xx12 @mvp504 @Archline When they say "Last 60 Hours" does that include grades you get after graduating from undergrad and taking courses at a CC over the semesters for those Texas colleges you mentioned? Because I retook some prereqs and received A's and I was planning on taking other course like Human Sexuality and such to help my last 60 hours too.

@xx6xx12 @mvp504 @Archline When they say "Last 60 Hours" does that include grades you get after graduating from undergrad and taking courses at a CC over the semesters for those Texas colleges you mentioned? Because I retook some prereqs and received A's and I was planning on taking other course like Human Sexuality and such to help my last 60 hours too.
Yeah, it does. It includes Everything after the first 60 hours. That's for UF, other schools are different.

does anyone know of any schools in NY that look at last 60 credits, tried searching through the forums but didn't find anything

There aren't any in NY that do it. Already researched and sole to reps from every school. The only one that claims they do is Mercy with their last 30 credits, but this is the response I received from one of their reps when I inquired:
Thank you for your interest in Mercy's DPT program!

The two main GPAs that are most important to your application are your overall GPA (which includes any course you have ever taken) and your prerequisite GPA which includes the latest 7 of your 9 prerequisite courses. Pleas do not be concerned with the 30 more recent credits, as that is actually just referring to your prerequisite courses