Which science class would be better next year?

Started by nysegop
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nysegop

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Next year I will be a senior.

Possible Courses Next Year:
-Physics
-Human Biology and Anatomy
-AP Biology (BUT SEE DETAILS BELOW)


So far I have taken the following science courses:
-Earth Science
-Biology
-Chemistry (Currently taking)


Now, as for next year. I think I have to choose between Physics and Human Biology. I wasn't recommended for AP Bio. That being said, I can contact the guy who is teaching it and ask to be placed in it. However, this is a long and convoluted process and even then it isn't certain that I will be accepted.

So what should I take?


I'm planning on majoring in Biology in college.
 
Next year I will be a senior.

Possible Courses Next Year:
-Physics
-Human Biology and Anatomy
-AP Biology (BUT SEE DETAILS BELOW)


So far I have taken the following science courses:
-Earth Science
-Biology
-Chemistry (Currently taking)


Now, as for next year. I think I have to choose between Physics and Human Biology. I wasn't recommended for AP Bio. That being said, I can contact the guy who is teaching it and ask to be placed in it. However, this is a long and convoluted process and even then it isn't certain that I will be accepted.

So what should I take?


I'm planning on majoring in Biology in college.

Anatomy.

I'm doing Anatomy next year along with AP Psychology
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CP Anatomy.

I'm not too concerned with AP since I have a similar GPA to yours. Can't do much more to my resume. Just gotta make a kick-ass personal statement.

Maybe I will just take Human Bio & Anatomy.
 
If I could only take one, it would definitely be physics. You don't want the first time you go thru this class to be in college, its a doozy. If you're a bio major, chances are you're competent in bio, so taking it in high school may be helpful for the future, but not necessary.

I took physics in 11th grade and though I didn't learn too much, at least in college some of it was a lot easier the 2nd time seeing it.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using SDN Mobile
 
I would take the Anatomy class, but thats just me lol, i don't like any sciences besides that of the human body.
 
I took an Anatomy and Physiology class, it was amazing; however, I would of probably taken a physics course if it was offered. I am not overly confident in math so I would have definitely taken the advantage of being exposed to it; however, if you are a senior, It would likely be beneficial for you to think about your first college semester schedule and take advantage of any related courses offered in your high school as a preparatory period.
 
If I could only take one, it would definitely be physics. You don't want the first time you go thru this class to be in college, its a doozy. If you're a bio major, chances are you're competent in bio, so taking it in high school may be helpful for the future, but not necessary.

I took physics in 11th grade and though I didn't learn too much, at least in college some of it was a lot easier the 2nd time seeing it.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using SDN Mobile

This is what I thought too. In high school I took both physics and anatomy. Anatomy was fun while I was in it, but it did absolutely nothing for my knowledge. Neither did physics, but I am glad I took it. The reason is that in college I essentially took a review course. It was an easy A.

My anatomy course, however, was nothing like in college. It was a glorified biology course and we didn't really do anything exciting besides a few dissections and learning about the body. But even that was dumbed down to the point of it being pointless.

I suggest physics because it will help you get a good grade in college. Medical schools have no idea, nor do they care, of what you did in high school.