Which specialties HAVE TO wear scrubs? Or definitely don't have to? (I don't like wearing scrubs.)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I actually can't wait to have reasons for wearing nice business attire to work :)

Wow, I really wish I had your love of wearing business attire. I REALLY wish I can somehow learn to love it, seeing as I'll be doing it for the rest of my life.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Implying they're a risk is not the same as showing that bacterial counts from ties are causing patient disease. To quote the article itself:

"Because this topic lacks the level of evidence required for a more formal guideline using the GRADE system, no grading of the evidence level is provided for individual recommendations."

"HCP apparel can hypothetically serve as a vector for pathogen cross-transmission in healthcare settings; however, no clinical data yet exist to define the impact of HCP apparel on transmission. The benefit of institutional laundering of HCP scrubs versus home laundering for non-OR use remains unproven."

Again, if you swabbed everything in the patient's room, you'll find bacteria everywhere, including MRSA.

Pardon the confusion, my post was not clear. I was saying that I agreed with you after taking a look at the evidence.