Which state school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darkelven29

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am out of state and flight distance for all of them.... and I have personal thoughts on them (accepted or waitlisted also)... but just curious how you would rank these

University of Vermont
University of Illinois at Chicago site
University of Miami
University of Texas at Galveston

Members don't see this ad.

IMO
University of Miami > University of Illinois > University of Vermont = University of Texas

Members don't see this ad :)
So I am out of state and flight distance for all of them.... and I have personal thoughts on them (accepted or waitlisted also)... but just curious how you would rank these

University of Vermont
University of Illinois at Chicago site
University of Miami
University of Texas at Galveston

If location were not a factor:
Miami
UVm
UIC
UT-Galveston

For me, personally:
Miami
UT-Galveston
UVm
UIC

ive been to galveston a lot and i live in texas. There are some really nice parts of galveston and some crappy places. I really like it there though and i will be putting galveston decently high up on my match list for tmdas. Also galveston is more than likely the cheapest school on that list even for oos. You get instate tuition after 1 year fyi.

ive been to galveston a lot and i live in texas. There are some really nice parts of galveston and some crappy places. I really like it there though and i will be putting galveston decently high up on my match list for tmdas. Also galveston is more than likely the cheapest school on that list even for oos. You get instate tuition after 1 year fyi.

Ditto this, I think it's a little over $10k/year for resident and about $25k/year for non-residents. Definitely give UTMB a chance.

Miami is the top for me too

But I can't decide between UTMB and UIC (if cost were not an issue)

UVM is just too un-diverse in terms of setting, clinicals, and hard to get to from the west coast.

University of Miami no doubt.

Miami
Vermont
Illinois-Chicago
Galveston

Aside from Miami, I would go with the school that gives the most financial aid among the rest.

Maybe you'll get into a state school from here to May 15th (for tuition purposes only). But I would pick Miami as well. :cool:

The thing is I am waitlisted at Miami..... I don't even know if I will really get accepted there....

In that case, it should be between UIC and UVM. Chicago >>> Burlington

Considering the finances at UTMB-G I'd go there. We're not talking about Harvard here folks.

The thing is I am waitlisted at Miami..... I don't even know if I will really get accepted there....

In that case, you should go where you've been accepted :rolleyes:

I'd just rank them by their sports programs.
Miami wins.

I rank them by the most beautiful babes in town. I'd go to Miami and make my way to South Beach when I can.;):thumbup: