Which universities offer a dual AuD/PhD program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

audiogirl103

audiogirl103
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to compile a directory of which universities offer a dual AuD/PhD program at this time. If you know of any, please let me know! Also, if you could provide a contact e-mail for a coordinator of the program, that would be *very* helpful! I'll start off...

University of Washington - Seattle, WA - Contact: Julie Leonardo, [email protected]

Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm trying to compile a directory of which universities offer a dual AuD/PhD program at this time. If you know of any, please let me know! Also, if you could provide a contact e-mail for a coordinator of the program, that would be *very* helpful! I'll start off...

University of Washington - Seattle, WA - Contact: Julie Leonardo, [email protected]

Thanks everyone!

Hi!

University of Washington has one :)

Ohio State
U of Kansas
U of Minnesota
U of Arizona
U of Texas-Dallas
U of Texas-Austin
U of Iowa
Northwestern
East Carolina
Gallaudet
Vandy?
Arizona State?
James Madison
University of South Florida

These are AuD/PhD programs I know off the top of my head and from a brief google search.

Julie Leonardo is NOT the person to email with specific questions regarding the AuD program. She is the graduate program coordinator and leans more heavily on the SLP side of things. I will PM you regarding the people you should talk to (I don't know if it's appropriate to post their email).

I believe UConn has one, too.

Hi!

Ohio State
U of Kansas
U of Minnesota
U of Arizona
U of Texas-Dallas
U of Texas-Austin
U of Iowa
Northwestern
East Carolina
Gallaudet
Vandy?
Arizona State?
James Madison

These are AuD/PhD programs I know off the top of my head and from a brief google search.

Julie Leonardo is NOT the person to email with specific questions regarding the AuD program. She is the graduate program coordinator and leans more heavily on the SLP side of things. I will PM you regarding the people you should talk to (I don't know if it's appropriate to post their email).

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!

Ohio State
U of Kansas
U of Minnesota
U of Arizona
U of Texas-Dallas
U of Texas-Austin
U of Iowa
Northwestern
East Carolina
Gallaudet
Vandy?
Arizona State?
James Madison

At the University of Arizona and some other schools, you can take both at once, but at Gallaudet and other schools like that you have to get an AuD before you can even apply for the phD program. Keep in mind this when applying for schools because there is a big difference on funding by the way the program works.

At the University of Arizona and some other schools, you can take both at once, but at Gallaudet and other schools like that you have to get an AuD before you can even apply for the phD program. Keep in mind this when applying for schools because there is a big difference on funding by the way the program works.

oh good point. at gallaudet if you do the aud/phd, you're just a regular aud student first with regular aud student funding (which means not very much). they do fully fund their phd students though.

oh good point. at gallaudet if you do the aud/phd, you're just a regular aud student first with regular aud student funding (which means not very much). they do fully fund their phd students though.

Ditto with the University of Washington. You apply to the PhD in the fall of your second year (really just a formality) but the students are usually a paid RA in the lab of their intended PhD mentor for the AuD portion (some funding but not much). Is this the case at other programs?

Thanks everyone!

The contact at Ohio State is Dr. Christina Roup. The dept ph# is 614-292-8207

Ditto with the University of Washington. You apply to the PhD in the fall of your second year (really just a formality) but the students are usually a paid RA in the lab of their intended PhD mentor for the AuD portion (some funding but not much). Is this the case at other programs?

Same thing with U of Arizona. You apply to the AuD program first, get accepted then in the fall of your second year apply to the PhD program and then you start taking classes for both your PhD and AuD. So sometimes your semesters will be more heavily weighted for your PhD and some will be more AuD (aka more clinical), it really just depends on what classes you need for your PhD.

University of South Alabama also offers AuD/PhD track.

Yeah I am new here been lurking for a while.

Purdue offers a dual degree- 4 years for the Au.D. and then 2-3 years for Ph.D. depending on how fast you finish...