which would be realistic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BioChem29

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm considering applying to schools in the caribbean, i just graduated as a double major in biology and chemistry with a concentration in biochemistry. My undergraduate GPA was 3.283 and with a BCPM of 3.11. I received a 23P on my MCATs twice, once in aug 2006 and once in july 2007.

I've had quite a lot of hours in the healthcare field: working at a free clinic, volunteering (ER, Pediatric ER, ER Triage, Radiology, PACU, Pediatric obesity clinic, and pediatric clinic), shadowing (pulmonogy, Emergerncy Medicine, Cardiothoracic Surgery), and did a summer fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery and research in 2006. I also volunteered at a medical clinic in Costa Rica and was an organic chem II lab TA for a semester.

I got accepted into option I at Barry, Drexel's MSP, and VCU's Biochemistry certificate program and will most likely attend VCU this fall.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

what do you want comments or suggestions on? are you planning on applying to a caribbean medical school?

Yup that's the plan! So, which of the caribbean medical schools would be best to apply to/would i have a chance at?

Members don't see this ad :)
SGU= Reach
AUC= you have a solid chance, by no means a guarantee though
ROSS= Safety

Dont know too much about Saba, but if you don't like ROSS i would apply there, maybe even a St. Mathews or AUA

Im not sure if those SMP will help you for the carib's. I would apply for the jan class since they are less applicants, so you have a better chance at SGU and AUC.

EDIT: As an another post mentioned, i am not saying its going to be tough at AUC, i feel you have a good chance, but there is no guarantee.

Last edited:
yeah what A817 said. but I would even pick Saba over Ross. Ross's clinical rotations are pretty messed up (not enough spots for everyone) from what I hear, and I hear the profs try to fail students on purpose. So that's why I would pick Saba over Ross.

yeah, that's def good to know....thanks!