white board only? no paper anywhere?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cameraGEEK

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it true that all test centers only use white boards and no scratch paper for step 1? this is bad news for me, since i find whiteboards really annoying :( messy, takes a lot of time to write on, and smells bad. is the whole room going to be smelling like dry erase pens?

how much do people use the white board anyway?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it true that all test centers only use white boards and no scratch paper for step 1? this is bad news for me, since i find whiteboards really annoying :( messy, takes a lot of time to write on, and smells bad. is the whole room going to be smelling like dry erase pens?

how much do people use the white board anyway?

Yes, only whiteboards are used for security purposes. Notes left on paper can be found after the test, while whiteboards erase all writing on them. Also, you would have to use multiple pieces of paper, while a whiteboard allows you to write many things on it after wiping off the previous writing. Having a pile of papers next to you would be a security compromise.

I went to my local prometric center and asked to see the facility, including the white boards and markers they use. Their markers have a very fine point, so it's not as messy as you might think. It's similar to writing with a pen. Also, they don't smell, as you suggested; these are small markers, and everyone only has one.

as long as they let me write my equations and the qiss and qiq mnemonic before the exam starts everything goes smooth

as long as they let me write my equations and the qiss and qiq mnemonic before the exam starts everything goes smooth

I actually asked about that when I went to the prometric site, since DIT recommends it, and the woman working their said it's okay.

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question:

Is the 15 minutes tutorial at the beginning PART of our hour of free time, so that means we get 45 mins left for breaks/lunch?

I wanted to use the tutorial time to write mnemonics, but will shorten it as the breaks are more impt. :)
Thanks!