White Coat Ceremony Memories

Started by 965978
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll go ahead and say this is on-topic because 'how much car they can afford when they make attending' is what's actually on peoples minds during the white coat ceremony
 
Leasing makes sense if you have more than one office or site you drive to. If you only drive to one site, I dont believe the costs involved make it worth it. Dave Ramsey calls them a "Fleece". Cars are a cost center. Buying one 2 yrs old where 20 to 30% of depreciation is gone depending on vehicle, is the better value.

I do have to drive multiple places. And yes buying makes sense but only if you don’t get tired of your car. I like having a new one every 3 years, so I always do a three year lease. 🙂
 
I do have to drive multiple places. And yes buying makes sense but only if you don’t get tired of your car. I like having a new one every 3 years, so I always do a three year lease. 🙂

It’s crazy how much maintainence alone costs for a car. Like Registration + Gas + Insurance + Maintainence can easily take up 10-15% of the average Joe’s paycheck
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This. I didn't walk for graduation, but I'm stoked to finally put on a white coat after 3 app cycles.

This is it chief.

At the end of the day, everyone leaves with the same white coat but no one has taken the same path. Only you and a few others in your life know what you've gone through to get to this moment and there's something special about that. You should be proud of your persistence and hard work. Congrats