White Coat for ADT??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbernar1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do we need to bring our white coat for the army ADT's or will we just need our BDU's? I only have one BDU so will that suffice to begin with or do I need to get more before the ADT starts?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by jbernar1
Do we need to bring our white coat for the army ADT's or will we just need our BDU's? I only have one BDU so will that suffice to begin with or do I need to get more before the ADT starts?

I don't know what branch you are doing, but at MAMC, BAMC and WBAMC they issued us white coats (long ones too --yeah!). You will probably want your class Bs for the clinic.

Ed

Take both class B's and a set of BDU's. The uniform varies from place to place. At Madigan you could wear whichever one you wanted, but some places have more formal guidelines on work uniforms. For weekend rounds, you can usually wear civvies, but ask just to be sure.

You can get a white coat at the hospital. Yes, they really do give you a long one. I felt like a total imposter wearing it as a med student!

Members don't see this ad :)
At the Navy hospitals, half the time the Corpsmen are wearing long coats, so as a med student your less of an imposter, at least. If anyone cares, for the Navy the uniform is Khaki, BDUs are not authorized. Summer whites/Dress blues are always OK, no one wears the Officer winter working blue

Why don't they wear the blues?
Man, I have always envied the Navy; they definitely have the coolest uniform selection! The Army "pickle suit' pales by comparison.

"Why don't they wear the blues?"

The Johnny Cash's make you look like the first-class manning the duty desk on the quarter deck, and the poly-wool blend khaki's are much, much more comfortable.

Then there's the shoes! The corframs make your feet sweat like wearing a garbage bag in New Orleans in July. Forget about it!

Shipboard you can wear the wash khaki's and flight boots to keep from gunking up your good uniforms and shoes on the knee-knockers.

Spang