White coat with pockets that button?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alamo4

Dudeist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are several threads about white coats, but I was wondering if anyone knows a place online that sells them with pockets that button (or snap or whatever). I like having pockets to keep stuff in, but stuff constantly falls out. Anyone seen white coats like this?

One of the hospitalists at my school carries a cool little shoulder bag that has instruments, including one of those awesome little pocket ultrasounds. However, I'm not sure that a bag is the best solution, but maybe. For now, I would just like pockets that don't drop stuff everywhere.

Members don't see this ad.

There are several threads about white coats, but I was wondering if anyone knows a place online that sells them with pockets that button (or snap or whatever). I like having pockets to keep stuff in, but stuff constantly falls out. Anyone seen white coats like this?

One of the hospitalists at my school carries a cool little shoulder bag that has instruments, including one of those awesome little pocket ultrasounds. However, I'm not sure that a bag is the best solution, but maybe. For now, I would just like pockets that don't drop stuff everywhere.

You don't want pockets that close, you want pockets that don't rip when you overstuff them. If things are falling out you simply haven't jammed enough stuff in there.

Don't waste time looking for that. Just stop by a tailor shop and get them to do exactly what it is you're looking for. You want a button...they'll put on a button. You want a flap, they'll flap you. You name it, they'll do it. Look one up on the net in your area.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't waste time looking for that. Just stop by a tailor shop and get them to do exactly what it is you're looking for. You want a button...they'll put on a button. You want a flap, they'll flap you. You name it, they'll do it. Look one up on the net in your area.

do this OP

I think my boyfriend had one with two big pockets near the bottom of his coat and one small one up top that buttoned...I think the place we got it from was called "Scrubs". But seriously, instead of looking for one online, I know this is going to sound funny, but why don't you DIY it up and just sew one on if you want one that much?

I'm not sure what the point of buttoned pockets are. The only time I've had something fall out is when I lean forward too far and my phone falls out of the top pocket with my pens and other stuff.

you want buttons, get buttons like some people here suggested, but honestly if stuff is falling out then you need to reassess your stuff.