Who also felt Step2CK was a disaster - but ended up doing OK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caltechstud

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting for my Step2CK score - it won't come out for another week. But the wait is killing me, and I am scared for my life.

Uworld self-assessment taken the day before the exam predicted a 254, but on the real exam, I had marked 1/3 of the Qs where I am guessing the answer. Furthermore, on half of the blocks, I had to speed read the last 5-6 Qs because I was short on time. When I got home, I looked up at least 15Qs that I wasn't sure of - and I got ALL of them wrong.

I am so anxious right now and is sensing an impending disaster.

Has anyone else felt similar during and after the exam - but still received a decent score that is within 10 points of their self-assessment?

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

More than likely you can only remember the ones that you got wrong and are forgetting about the ones that you got correct. At this point, all you can do is wait for the score to come out and go from there.

I thought that I did terrible on the test. My score ended up being in the high 250s. My point is that it can happen. I wish you the best of luck.

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

I don't know if it is similar but on Step 1 I thought I was convinced I got about 20 points below my average. I ended up getting about 20 points higher than my highest practice score.

It is true that you dwell on only the ones you were unsure about. You forget the hundred you answered easily.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am interested in hearing from people who DID severely Under-perform on exam day. Any one?

Dude you are about to find out in a few days. No point in obsessing over it now, just try to focus on other things.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Impossible to say, and stressing about it won't do anything. Try to forget about it!

Walked out of step 2 feeling way worse than step 1. Questions seemed more manageable but a lot more where I was trying to pick the "best right answer". Ended up 25 points higher which was the average of the 3 nbme practice tests I took. As long as you were doing fine on those I'm sure you're good.

I thought I bombed CK. I was scared I was going to score way below average and way worse than all my practice tests. Score came back and was a 260+ lol. I think CK is a way harder test to judge how you did because there are often multiple answer choices that seem like a good choice. I wouldn't worry so much, nothing you can do anyway.

Last edited: