Who can I get LOR's from?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dldc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finished undergraduate in '97 and chiropractic school in 2000. I can't remember the names of my undergrad. science professors let alone if they still teach at the school. How can I find out if LOR's from practicing DDS's will be sufficient? What other options do I have, or must I attempt to locate these science professors? After all its been over 10 YEARS?

Members don't see this ad.

I finished undergraduate in '97 and chiropractic school in 2000. I can't remember the names of my undergrad. science professors let alone if they still teach at the school. How can I find out if LOR's from practicing DDS's will be sufficient? What other options do I have, or must I attempt to locate these science professors? After all its been over 10 YEARS?

thats a tough situation you are in. are there any chiropractors that you work with that could write you one? i doubt any prof from chiropractic school would write you a letter so that you could leave that profession. you said in the other thread that your GPA was kinda low. you could take a few classes and get to know a few profs that can write LORs for you. other than that i dont know what to tell you.

Don't know what courses is thought in Chiro but did you have any courses in immunology, pharmacology, A&P, endocrinology, and etc... in chiro?? if so you can probably ask your professors from those advanced health science courses to fulfill the Science LOR requirements. If not you really have to go back to your undergrad to ask... Good luck

I would call the 10 or so schools you are interested in applying to and ask about your unique situation. They would know better than anyone. GL.:thumbup: