Who do you want to be President???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Blackhawkdown24

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, as students, we need to be aware of who is in office and how our education will be affected by who is in office. Question like, " Will Mitt Romney try to increase the interest rates on loans just as Bush did?" and etc. So, who are you voting for people? Who do YOU want to be President. And please let's keep this topic civil.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We+President+Now.jpg



On the real, I'm voting for Obama because he gave me a new phone. What other president goes out of his way like that?
 
Johnson. The voting in my state is firmly decided, I like the Libertarian party, and if they get 5% of the popular vote they can get federal funding next year.
 
Hope an Change, what has that brought? Disappointment and Debt. Obama does not deserve my vote. Gas is higher than four years ago, the debt is the largest it has ever been in history, and half of all college kids cant get jobs. Time to let someone who has a track record to fix this mess we are in.
 
Voting Romney.

My reasoning is the deficit and the loose spending of the past 4 years. Also as far as science spending goes Obama cut NASA significantly which is a terrible move in my opinion.
 
Just for the lower taxes debate, lowering taxes will not help our government's debt, but it will put money into the American people's pockets, which will raise spending and investment (in theory) and should raise the GDP to get us out of this downturn in the economy. Raising taxes would take an already dismal economy and make it worse.

I'm not republican or democratic, just saying how it is.
 
Just for the lower taxes debate, lowering taxes will not help our government's debt, but it will put money into the American people's pockets, which will raise spending and investment (in theory) and should raise the GDP to get us out of this downturn in the economy. Raising taxes would take an already dismal economy and make it worse.

I'm not republican or democratic, just saying how it is.

👍
 
Maybe nothing but Obama's already shown that he doesn't support space exploration by getting rid of the only manned service we have. This is a deal breaker for me.

Lol wtf? Do you realize that there is more to space exploration than just sending people?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just for the lower taxes debate, lowering taxes will not help our government's debt, but it will put money into the American people's pockets, which will raise spending and investment (in theory) and should raise the GDP to get us out of this downturn in the economy. Raising taxes would take an already dismal economy and make it worse.

I'm not republican or democratic, just saying how it is.

Lowering the taxes is the reason America is in debt. Americans need to be taxed more with the extra money going towards lowering the debt and not on mass consumption. Thats the problem with politics in America. Everyone wants the leaders to do so much but they want the taxes to be lower. So what do you think happens.... we get loans which push us even farther into debt. Its time for increased taxes and decreased spending if we want to even start getting out of debt.
 
Just for the lower taxes debate, lowering taxes will not help our government's debt, but it will put money into the American people's pockets, which will raise spending and investment (in theory) and should raise the GDP to get us out of this downturn in the economy. Raising taxes would take an already dismal economy and make it worse.

I'm not republican or democratic, just saying how it is.

👎
 
Obama.

The whole coming out for gay marriage and a few other things he did really impressed me.

Plus as people who are going to be taking on a lot of student debt in the near future, we will probably do better with a democratic prez and more dems in the legislature. I don't know if our interests rate will ever be low again but we may get more options in terms of trading a few years of service for loan forgiveness.

Plus, Ryan lied about running a sub 3 marathon. In the running world that's like someone with a 23 MCAT telling people they got a 35. Douchey move.
 
Last edited:
Lowering the taxes is the reason America is in debt. Americans need to be taxed more with the extra money going towards lowering the debt and not on mass consumption. Thats the problem with politics in America. Everyone wants the leaders to do so much but they want the taxes to be lower. So what do you think happens.... we get loans which push us even farther into debt. Its time for increased taxes and decreased spending if we want to even start getting out of debt.

Who are we going to tax more? The rich who already pay 35% in taxes? The poor who cannot afford to pay for taxes so they go on government funded programs? We need to get into an expansionary period, so we can make money through positive net exports and more investment. Then we can pay off the debt. We have to make money before we can spend it on paying back debt.
 
Who are we going to tax more? The rich who already pay 35% in taxes? The poor who cannot afford to pay for taxes so they go on government funded programs? We need to get into an expansionary period, so we can make money through positive net exports and more investment. Then we can pay off the debt. We have to make money before we can spend it on paying back debt.

epic_fails_2_19.jpg


:laugh::laugh::laugh:
1. Their tax rate is 35% but due to loopholes, they barely pay half that amount. Case in point: ROMNEY
2. Please take a basic course in International Economics. This post was just flat out embarrassing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Obama.

The whole coming out for gay marriage and a few other things he did really impressed me.

Plus as people who are going to be taking on a lot of student debt in the near future, we will probably do better with a democratic prez and more dems in the legislature. I don't know if our interests rate will ever be low again but we may get more options in terms of trading a few years of service for loan forgiveness.

Plus, Ryan lied about running a sub 3 marathon. In the running world that's like someone with a 23 MCAT telling people they got a 35. Douchey move.

HA. Gay "rights"

Ryan could run a sub 3 26.2, I'm sure. That's not that impressive, I doubt anyone in the running world is pissed off. Sub 2, sure. A
 
Doubt it. Ryan would choke so hard.

And it's kinda cute how someone put quotes in the gay rights thing.
 
Last edited:
HA. Gay "rights"

Ryan could run a sub 3 26.2, I'm sure. That's not that impressive, I doubt anyone in the running world is pissed off. Sub 2, sure. A

http://news.runnersworld.com/2012/08/31/paul-ryan-says-hes-run-sub-300-marathon/

1) Lol @ Runner's world for their runner stalking. Make each race count because of the internet, it will always be linked to your name.

2) He could not run a sub 3. He didn't even make a sub 4.

You're a runner, there is no way someone accidentally subtracts over an hour from their marathon time.

Just saying you ran a marathon should be enough. It screams douche when you feel you need to lie about your time.
 
Ryan could run a sub 3 26.2, I'm sure. That's not that impressive, I doubt anyone in the running world is pissed off. Sub 2, sure. A


No, he can't run a sub-3. In fact, he can't even run a sub-4. I'm willing to bet you've never run a marathon.

And yes, I realize his marathon time has little to nothing to do with this election, but to those of us that dedicate an incredible amount of time and effort to training for marathons it was an annoying misstatement.
 
How is running a sub 3 "not impressive?" Most people in general will be lucky to even FINISH a marathon! I commend people for participating, and finishing, even if they have to walk part of it without quitting.
 
Who do I want to be president? Pretty much anyone but Mitt Romney. Either he's a liar, or he's an idiot if he actually believes the garbage he preaches. My vote goes to Obama, because as unimpressive as his first term was, who can blame him with a predominantly right-wing house? Kinda like you can't really blame Michael Vick for getting sacked with that god-awful O-line
 
Doctor Who?

Yerp, David Tennant for president.

Actually voted Obama, though Jill Stein is a badass too (would love a world in which she'd have a chance at winning). I just care too much about access to healthcare and specifically women's healthcare to vote any other way, and I'm super pro-same sex marriage.
 
Who do I want to be president? Pretty much anyone but Mitt Romney. Either he's a liar, or he's an idiot if he actually believes the garbage he preaches. My vote goes to Obama, because as unimpressive as his first term was, who can blame him with a predominantly right-wing house? Kinda like you can't really blame Michael Vick for getting sacked with that god-awful O-line

Inb4 the Michael Vick jokes
 
And yes, I realize his marathon time has little to nothing to do with this election, but to those of us that dedicate an incredible amount of time and effort to training for marathons it was an annoying misstatement.

It shouldn't.

But as evidenced here, people will find any insignificant reason to disqualify a candidate.
 
I'm voting this afternoon, and I still haven't made a decision. 🙁 coin toss? I like Obama on foreign policy, I think he does well. I think Romney is a dud on foreign affairs, but I don't think Obama did much to help our economy in four years. But then again I don't think Romney can do anything above and beyond what Obama has already done, and if he can do more, I haven't consistently heard it.

And also, isn't this next president going to be able to appoint two Supreme Court justices? If so, I align more with Obama than Romney on social issues, but distrust Obama's healthcare reform.

Bottom line: I don't like either.
 
How is running a sub 3 "not impressive?" Most people in general will be lucky to even FINISH a marathon! I commend people for participating, and finishing, even if they have to walk part of it without quitting.

Sub 3 isn't even 6:50 pace. It may not be easy per se, especially for the general public, but I wouldn't call it impressive. Any adult male who consistently trains aerobically for some time should be able to develop that kind of endurance, assuming lack of injury. Considering Ryan's shape and stature already, I have no doubt he could run sub 3.
 
Meh. He looks in shape, but who knows. Training for a marathon is very difficult, even for hard working people. Someone who looks in shape means nothing to actual performance. I wouldn't put my money on it. We'll agree to disagree on that 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
:laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh wow, brainwashed conservatives say the darndest things! He won't even admit that him lying about the run was bad, and just responds by saying running 6:50 pace for 26 miles isn't impressive. They really learn you boys good in Georgia, eh? Hope you stay there as a doctor.

Raised in a liberal state, moved here a few years ago. Luckily I was able to not be brainwashed by the we-want-handouts, anti-America, anti-business, libtard mentality...my condolences to you for getting sucked in and believing the damn near socialist puppet we have in Washington
 
I don't understand how not being on romney's side = Anti-American....

or the silly handouts thing republicans spew out

I vote for Obama, I will never be close to the 1% of the wealth, and don't expect handouts 😀

At least you aren't saying sad things like abortion is evil or gays don't deserve rights D:
 
One thing I don't understand is how Republicans are against both welfare and abortion. They adamantly oppose handouts and all that, yet they will also force you to have a baby and rely on handouts. Just boggles my mind.
 
I do what I can. This Bruce Wayne character seems cool, but I have never met him so I wouldn't know. I'm definitely a different person from him, that's for sure.

i think he should put this bearstronaut fellow as his VP.
just saying.