Who else is applying for the first time this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kuba

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see all of these threads here about people figuring out where they are going to go this year, but I want to know who's out there with me starting to apply this summer. I'm trying to get my "schools to apply to" list down to 15 or so right now.

Members don't see this ad.

applying 1st time this cycle. i haven't finalized my list (actually just posted in the md/phd forum that i am having a hard time figuring out where to apply). but i'm applying to a MAX of 15 schools.

Yupp applying for the first time this year. Not sure where I am applying but definitely concentrating on the East Coast and Chicago.

Still working on my PS ~ what a drag.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else really scared about the outcome?

First time applying........still working on PS, and will apply to at least 25. :)

Definitely worryied about outcome, but can't let it consume my life...........or else I'll belike those compulsive SDN'rs. :laugh:

Applying first time this cycle, finishing up PS now and worried about outcome just a little... :eek:

holy crap...u all have already started working on your ps?

i took the MCAT on Saturday...and have done nothing application-related but take classes, study for that dadgum test, and ask folks for recommendations.

i'm about to go to the AMCAS site now...i talked to someone from their earlier and they said it wasnt even open yet. Do they simply have the same personal statement questions every year?

to the OP...yeah, i'm a first time applicant applying this summer for admission in fall 2007 as well. no clue what schools i will be applying to...but i'm in Chicago, so at least four in state are a definite...as to the rest? no clue.

My first time as well. Haven't done much in terms of figuring out where to apply, except that I know I'm not moving too far away from PA, so that narrows it down a bit. PS not going so well either. And I have to revise for exams (done absolutely nothing all term and have three weeks left, one of which I'll be spending in Italy - woohoo!) So bring on the stress, biatch! :smuggrin:

Hey--

I'm applying for the first time here too.

Took the April MCAT.

Have 16 schools picked out (7 in-state), 9 out of state.

I am not submitting my AMCAS until I get my MCAT score. :D
So "early" for me is going to be like June 15th at midnight. :laugh:

It'll be my first time too. I've got a monster list of 40 schools that I no doubt need to cut down by about 10 or so!

jackieMD2007 said:
Hey--

I'm applying for the first time here too.

Took the April MCAT.

Have 16 schools picked out (7 in-state), 9 out of state.

I am not submitting my AMCAS until I get my MCAT score. :D
So "early" for me is going to be like June 15th at midnight. :laugh:

June 15th for me too :)

Savantrice said:
i'm about to go to the AMCAS site now...i talked to someone from their earlier and they said it wasnt even open yet. Do they simply have the same personal statement questions every year?

There aren't really any personal statement questions that you have to answer. That's why the PS can be difficult; you just sum up, in a limited amount of space, why medicine, while making it unique and specific to you.

does anyone know what the word limit for the ps is?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am applying this cycle too. Woohoo, let the endless waiting and agony begin!

I know there are certain schools that I will be applying to no matter what so I'm submitting AMCAS to those schools on June 1st. Then after I get my scores I'll pick the rest of the schools and submit again. Probably 20 all together.

me too. i'm applying to most schools within a 6 hour driving radius of pittsburgh. not sure how many, probable 20? i'm applying to both md and do. i'm on draft #223 of my PS and looking around for my transcripts. i know they're lying around here somewhere...

Savantrice said:
holy crap...u all have already started working on your ps?

i took the MCAT on Saturday...and have done nothing application-related but take classes, study for that dadgum test, and ask folks for recommendations.

to the OP...yeah, i'm a first time applicant applying this summer for admission in fall 2007 as well. no clue what schools i will be applying to...but i'm in Chicago, so at least four in state are a definite...as to the rest? no clue.

haha, you're not alone, I took the MCAT and am focusing on Finals now. Application time starts second week of May.

MDempress said:
June 15th for me too :)

Yeah I'm applying for the 1st time too. But wait, if you've taken the April MCAT, you get your scores back by June 15th? Is that confirmed? I just wanted to know because my fiance will be waiting for her April MCAT scores to come back, and I want to submit mine when she submits hers.

Also, my PS is relatively done, I just want to give it to an english teacher so she can read it for spelling mistakes. Other than that, I'm ready to roll!

yea, im starting this summer as well for the first time. I go to univ of florida so I'm applying to the major 4 instate schools (UF, USF, UM, FSU) as well as about 20 out of state. I'm not tooooooo worried mainly because I've been praying for the last year. haha. PS done. MCAT taken this last saturday. Funny story: I filled out the whole 2006 AMCAS thinking it was this years...shh don't tell the adcoms, nobody wants a physician who can't read dates. Anyways, looking foward to feeling the highs and lows with you all over the next year and waiting for MCATs over the next two mizzonths.

Also, my first time..heheh :laugh:

Have my first draft of the PS done, but will undergo several revisions.

Plan on applying to about 15 schools, allready have the list..but will revise when I get the MSAR. Florida, Atlanta and North Carolina schools for me.

:love:

"Take my hand, we'll make it, I swear..."

Seriously this is going to be a LONG YEAR everyone.

It has only been 3 days and I JUST WANT MY MCAT SCORE!!

(Once I have it maybe not so much...?) :cool:

I'm also applying for the first (and hopefully last) time this cycle. Took the MCAT on Saturday, and I've gotten all my stuff to my LOR writers. I'm starting on my PS now, but probably won't get working hardcore until finals are over.

Right now I've got a list of 15 schools, but I'm hoping to get it down to 10-12. Applying is too damn expensive!

jackieMD2007 said:
"Take my hand, we'll make it, I swear..."
Nice, Bon Jovi rocks! :thumbup: