who goes to Columbia??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BallDontLie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well i was in New York this past memorial day weekend, and i must say, i was quite impressed with what i saw at Columbia and have now added it to my schools to apply to...

my question is for any students at Columbia right now....how would my stats stack up with other students there?? What were your stats when you were applied? Is my 17 PAT a big problem, and should i retake the DAT to have a chance?? Also, outside of stats, do they stress anything out of the ordinary in particular for their prospective students??

Members don't see this ad.

Your stat. looks fine.

I got the impression that they mainly care about your AA, especially TS (22 should be fine), and not so much on PAT. But if you have any science subject that is 17, they might ask you to explain it.

Your GPA looks fine, and so are your undergrade major and institution. They told me that they like science majors since they really try to teach dentistry from science perspective (not saying this is good or bad, just that they do). During my interview, we spent the whole time talking about my MS in Bio (it sounded like that's the only thing they liked about my application).

Just my 2c. Good luck~

nrlee said:
Also, outside of stats, do they stress anything out of the ordinary in particular for their prospective students??

Undergrade/post-under. research would be helpful for CU. If you can/did publish something, even better.

Members don't see this ad :)
nrlee said:
Well i was in New York this past memorial day weekend, and i must say, i was quite impressed with what i saw at Columbia and have now added it to my schools to apply to...

my question is for any students at Columbia right now....how would my stats stack up with other students there?? What were your stats when you were applied? Is my 17 PAT a big problem, and should i retake the DAT to have a chance?? Also, outside of stats, do they stress anything out of the ordinary in particular for their prospective students??

Apply early and don't get on the waitlist :laugh:

Profchaos said:
Apply early and don't get on the waitlist :laugh:

My friend is a 2nd year Columbia student and he told me that last years class had a science gpa average of 3.6. Looks like its getting tougher..
Science GPA and DAT's are pretty much the big 2 criteria when it comes to Columbia admission.

wow pbure, you're at mcgill! i thought i was the only student here that was interested in dentistry in usa!