-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Who got cool stuff for Christmas ?
Started by RustedFox
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted547339
Haribo Gummy Bears.
My father got me a Northern Brewer's kit with a 5 gallon kettle and the materials to brew an Irish red ale. Its probably the most badass gift I've ever received.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll let you know tomorow.
I've been working 6a-8p every day since the 21st. My kids opened their Santa presents on the 25th (because they're old enough to read a calendar and we would have to burst their bubble if we tried to explain that Santa was going to come back in a few days), but the family presents we're waiting until my next day off... which is tomorrow.
I've been working 6a-8p every day since the 21st. My kids opened their Santa presents on the 25th (because they're old enough to read a calendar and we would have to burst their bubble if we tried to explain that Santa was going to come back in a few days), but the family presents we're waiting until my next day off... which is tomorrow.
60 inch flat screen and whole-house audio hook up with phone/wi-fi streaming compatible. Spotify premium in any room, any song, any album by touch of phone, at any time.
Simply awesome.
Simply awesome.
I got a house. In my hometown of Portland.
I mean, I had to buy it for myself, but, hey, still Merry Xmas.
I mean, I had to buy it for myself, but, hey, still Merry Xmas.
Post your holiday swag.
- Wifey got me an honest-to-God record player. I've collected vinyl for the art/nostalgia value, and now I can actually listen to it. Saweeeeet.
Next?
Set it up yet? If so, what was the 1st record you put on?
Set it up yet? If so, what was the 1st record you put on?
Not yet; first record will probably be Jethro Tull's "Songs from the Wood".
What system did you get? My house is wired and has ceiling speakers. Right now I have a receiver, but I'd like to add something for connectivity like a Sonos.60 inch flat screen and whole-house audio hook up with phone/wi-fi streaming compatible. Spotify premium in any room, any song, any album by touch of phone, at any time.
Simply awesome.
Yamaha receiver plus separate amp, + Apple TV. TV is smart TV and comparable with everything. Had a guy come set it all up.What system did you get? My house is wired and has ceiling speakers. Right now I have a receiver, but I'd like to add something for connectivity like a Sonos.
Remote control T-rex dinosaur...to terrorize the dogs 

Omg. My dog would go psycho! LolRemote control T-rex dinosaur...to terrorize the dogs![]()
Remote control T-rex dinosaur...to terrorize the dogs![]()
Used to buzz my cats with a remote-controlled helicopter. Hours of fun; especially if you play "Ride of the Valkyries" in the background.
I was hoping for a 350mm laryngoscope blade, but none of my family can afford one, much less knows where to find one.

I guess I'll just have to survive on tons of chocolate and leftovers.....

I guess I'll just have to survive on tons of chocolate and leftovers.....
http://www.amazon.com/SMS-Audio-Bio...=UTF8&qid=1419707549&sr=8-3&keywords=Biosport
Probably the best noise isolation earbuds I've ever used, but are designed for working out and the sweaty disaster that I usually become. They block just enough outside noise but not so much that I wouldn't be able to hear if a car is about to run into me from behind. They just fit so well. Was previously going through less expensive headphones every couple months so hopefully these last longer
Probably the best noise isolation earbuds I've ever used, but are designed for working out and the sweaty disaster that I usually become. They block just enough outside noise but not so much that I wouldn't be able to hear if a car is about to run into me from behind. They just fit so well. Was previously going through less expensive headphones every couple months so hopefully these last longer
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My father got me a Northern Brewer's kit with a 5 gallon kettle and the materials to brew an Irish red ale. Its probably the most badass gift I've ever received.
I need to gift myself this year and could not come up with anything interesting. This sounds like a fun idea.
A little late for Xmas, but I got a 'Pass' on my written boards.
Nice! Congrats!A little late for Xmas, but I got a 'Pass' on my written boards.
Magic cards.
I'm such a nerd.
I'm such a nerd.
Magic cards.
I'm such a nerd.
There was a time where a gift that I got from my then-girlfriend was several boxes of baseball cards.
She felt it was inadequate.
It was awesome.
I got myself the gift of fire... http://www.ellusionist.com/pyro-handheld-fireshooter-by-adam-wilber.html
I got myself the gift of fire... http://www.ellusionist.com/pyro-handheld-fireshooter-by-adam-wilber.html
Ok, that's pretty cool, but where on earth did you even find out about something like that?
I got myself the gift of fire... http://www.ellusionist.com/pyro-handheld-fireshooter-by-adam-wilber.html
Also... the most ridiculously dramatic 2 minute video I've ever watched...
what? the long, needless shots of him walking along a road (WOAH!) or through the desert (WOW!) didn't do it for you?Also... the most ridiculously dramatic 2 minute video I've ever watched...
From my brother for me to use at work http://www.amazon.com/Touched-Genit...aybe+you+touched+your+genitals+hand+sanitizer
From my brother for me to use at work Amazon product ASIN B00EXPX1KY
This should be called "Maybe you touched genitals" hand sanitizer, not "Maybe you touched your genitals" hand sanitizer. If you're working an ER shift, there's lots of genital touching going on (medically indicated, and medically necessary, of course) that has nothing to do with touching thine own attached junk. If you're only worried about thine own genital sanitation, you're kinda missing the boat (no pun intended)....no, the whole fleet/armada of genital malaise that sulks in and out of an ED in a days time. They need to tweet their business model. Just sayin'.
Last edited:
Xaelia, where do you work? I'm at Kaiser, maybe we know each other. Portland's a small town. Aren't they all?
You don't know me yet – I won't be starting at Kaiser until April. I decided the weather in the dead of winter wasn't the best way to ease my wife into Portland ....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No...not it's not. The first few times I brought my wife to Portland it was winter and she hated it. We came in April one year and it was the first time she wasn't miserable.You don't know me yet – I won't be starting at Kaiser until April. I decided the weather in the dead of winter wasn't the best way to ease my wife into Portland ....
<==== Another Portlander here. My main stomping ground is OHSU, but that may be changing soon.


Hope you got the big black box, otherwise you are missing out on a very important card.Oh, and my wife got me a really nice zippered case for our Cards Against Humanity set that holds all the expansion packs.
Second best gift ever.
a drone with a HD camera for less than $100 !
Passing grade in physiology and a Fitbit Flex activity tracker