Who has written letters of intent?

Started by Weider
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Weider

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm curious to know because I plan on writing one, but I was just wondering if there was a particular format for these letters that I should follow. ALso, who do you address them to. Any other info would be appreciated.
 
You should be able to find a format online, but the letter should include who you are (briefly), why you are applying, what your utlimate goals are, and how you would fit in or be the best match for whatever you are applying for. These are usually one page summaries, that are succinct and should be interesting or attention getting without crossing the line of being too weird (meaning be original). They usually make you write a LOI and then attach your CV to it when you are applying for leadership positions, jobs, residency, etc. Don't include your CV or resume unless they ask ofr it though...
 
They should be addressed to whoever you are sending it to, so don't forget to do this. Example: To My Fellow Classmates or To DMU-COM Department of Admissions, etc.