Who Is Planning on taking the BCPS exam in 2008?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RogerWilco

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was planning on taking the BCPS exam this year without a residency (have worked 4 years in hospital inpatient and a clinic setting) but slacked on the studying due to work obligations so I have decided to wait until 2008.

Anyone else either taking the exam this October or planning on taking it next year? If so what are you using to study...I.e. info from up-to-date, ACCP pharmacotherapy prep course, etc

For those of you who have taken it are specific doses a must know for many of the meds or are general ranges adequate?

How many of y'all out there have taken and passed the exam with out the a residency.

v/r
RogerWilco

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am planning to take BCPS next year. I have completed residency. I would like to know how are you are planning to prepare for the exam any study material. I have read about the review material on ACCP website.

Any thoughts/comments?

Thank You

I think I am going to go the PSAP route from ASAP as they tend to provide a pretty good review of the disease state as well as current trials and therapy

I have seen the pharmacotherapy review and it tends to be too abridged for my taste but may be just what you need since you are coming out of a residency

maybe Cocogirl can comment if she reads this as she stated she was going to take it this past oct.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am planning to take it in oct too. currently i am doing a residency even though i graduated in 2006. i work a year in retail and hated it. there are about 13 pharm.d.'s in my study group from my hopsital. most are residency traded or are in a program now. we all plan to take in the fall. hopefully most of us pass even though the odds are against us.

does anyone have the BCPS audio CDs from last year? are they helpful?

The audio cd's are based from the bcps lecture that occurred in April.

Studying for the test too. Waited a year after residency. I hope it's not as bad as everyone says it is.

I find them to be helpful.

our study group bought the notes from last year and are waiting for the audio to become available for this year. good luck studying.

Hello everyone, sorry to bother you. I am from ny and just finished taking the naplex and cpje but cali.board is doing this quality assurance thing. Therefore, I can't get my license for another few months while i am already living in california. I've worked for about 4 years in a hospital, just started thinking about taking the BCPS exam. Would anyone be able to recommend me some material to study? Thank you so much!

Hello everyone who posted infos,
I am too thinking of going for board cerftified now that I am working in the hosp for 4 years now. Because of work schedule and commitment, I can't seem to get it start. But I admire for those who have started or will be starting. Let me know how you guys do it and may be we should form a study group on this web??

Hello everyone who posted infos,
I am too thinking of going for board cerftified now that I am working in the hosp for 4 years now. Because of work schedule and commitment, I can't seem to get it start. But I admire for those who have started or will be starting. Let me know how you guys do it and may be we should form a study group on this web??

I am interested in a study group I am a pharmacist from Michigan with about 5 years hospital experience - I purchased the book from ACCP and i dont think it will be enough - anyone know of any LIVE courses or CE's being offered this summer or early fall??

I'd like to know if the audio lectures from the 2008 course was helpful. Also, I'm planning (but have not registered) to take the BCPS exam in 3 months and have not started studying. I was wondering if 3 months is sufficient and what other people have done in regards to total duration of study time in preparing for this exam.

If you know your sh@! and have been working inpatient and going on rounds you would probably have enough time. If you have been working outpatient or retail and not keeping up on current guidelines then I would start studying now for next year.

i think the audio CDs are ok. i put them on my mp3 player to listen whenever i have time. some of the lectures are difficult to listen to solely because of the nature of the lecture, i.e stats. some of them are difficult to listen to because the speakers are just bad. the rest of the lectures are pretty good. that just my 2 cents.

So how did everyone do on the BCPS?

I thought the second half of the exam was 50% harder than the first half.

i feel just the opposite, i thought the second half was easier than the first half. either way i'm still pretty sure i failed. luckily it's only 1/2 price for next year.