Who is waiting on USC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorPLASTIC

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been waiting long time. Anyone know when we should be hearing back from them?

Members don't see this ad.

did you contact them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes and they say within the next 2 weeks. I have heard that 4 times already!:eek:

i called once....what do you think they told me? (here's a hint - what's the different between a 6 week wait and an 8 week wait?)

that interviews are out of the question at this point?

I called twice today but only got a message.

I interviewed January 23rd and haven't heard squat! Frustrating...but at least we're still in the running.

that interviews are out of the question at this point?

I called twice today but only got a message.

I called them last week sometime and they told me they interview to the end of April. I asked when I should expect to hear from them if I am granted one, and they said two weeks.

I called and asked when the County replacement was going to be done....

... they told me two weeks :laugh:

I was wondering about their status page. Does anyone else have their "schedule interview link" working? When I click on it, I can actually schedule an interview for 3/6 (too bad I can't locate my time machine). Is this just a system flaw or did I miss an invite?

I was wondering about their status page. Does anyone else have their "schedule interview link" working? When I click on it, I can actually schedule an interview for 3/6 (too bad I can't locate my time machine). Is this just a system flaw or did I miss an invite?
You already posted this in the other thread!:mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 3/9/07 and they told me I'd find out 2-6 weeks. Do they wait until they have interviewed everyone to make their decisions or are they rolling?

I interviewed 3/9/07 and they told me I'd find out 2-6 weeks. Do they wait until they have interviewed everyone to make their decisions or are they rolling?
They are rolling. It really depends on when your interviewers turn in their evaluations.

I interviewed end of Jan and heard back in about 3 weeks. However, my financial aid package was CRAP so you guys are welcome to my spot. Good luck to everyone. Great school, and the weather sure beats this crap we're getting in Boston.

I was received my acceptance letter today 3/17 and I interviewed 4 weeks ago. I live on the east coast though so it probably took a few days longer.

Hey I also interviewed at USC on the 9th...how did you like the visit/interview?

I was received my acceptance letter today 3/17 and I interviewed 4 weeks ago. I live on the east coast though so it probably took a few days longer.

USC is a wonderful school! Good news indeed.

Thanks Searun!!! Yeah I'm definitely going. I really want to be close to home again and I loved the school.

i interviewed mid-feb and heard back 3/16...definitely attending! i went to sc for undergrad and can't wait to come back home. anyone considering getting a condo for housing?

I interviewed waaaay back in november, and was waitlisted about ten days after my interview. I was wondering if anyone here who is on a waitlist has seen any action on their file, either acceptance, rejection, update or anything. Also, does anyone know how many ppl are on USC's waitlist, how many they generally accept off it, and when we can expect to see movement on it? Thanks!

I interviewed waaaay back in november, and was waitlisted about ten days after my interview. I was wondering if anyone here who is on a waitlist has seen any action on their file, either acceptance, rejection, update or anything. Also, does anyone know how many ppl are on USC's waitlist, how many they generally accept off it, and when we can expect to see movement on it? Thanks!

Check out this thread from last year on the waitlist process:

Keck Alternate Waitlist '06:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=280603&highlight=USC+waitlist

As for this year, people are still getting straight up accepted, but I haven't heard of anyone getting off the list yet. The good people at Keck said to chill until May 15th.

Made a similar post previously but I want to know if anyone is in a similar situation. I interviewed 2 months ago and have not heard anything (rejection, waitlist, or acceptance). Has ANYONE else waited this long without any word? Should i be worried?

Made a similar post previously but I want to know if anyone is in a similar situation. I interviewed 2 months ago and have not heard anything (rejection, waitlist, or acceptance). Has ANYONE else waited this long without any word? Should i be worried?

What, me worry? Uhhh, yes. Should I? Who knows.

I interviewed early Jan and haven't heard anything back yet. It's close to home, which is really nice, but I think I've settled on Vandy unless some other school gives me a very good finaid package (which from what I've heard, USC won't do probably). But it'd be nice to have USC as an option.

I am waiting to hear as well. I am having a good feeling about this week. Please post if you hear from them either way!

i interviewed mid-feb and heard back 3/16...definitely attending! i went to sc for undergrad and can't wait to come back home. anyone considering getting a condo for housing?

Hi fightingon, nice to see someone else who's going as well. Just discussed housing with my parents this weekend and I might be doing the condo thing. They said we'll see when we fly down there in July (they live in the Bay area). I'm thinking I'll probably live in S. Pasadena. Hopefully wherever is closest to a gym. I teach Spinning and I'm hoping to teach a few classes on the weekends while in med school to earn a few bucks.

I interviewed mid October and was waitlisted about a month later. I haven't heard anthing since then (nada, zilch...U get the picture):( I dunno about waitlist length or % accepted off of it, but I the May 15th figure sounds correct for seeing movement...more waiting for us...*sighs*

Hi fightingon, nice to see someone else who's going as well. Just discussed housing with my parents this weekend and I might be doing the condo thing. They said we'll see when we fly down there in July (they live in the Bay area). I'm thinking I'll probably live in S. Pasadena. Hopefully wherever is closest to a gym. I teach Spinning and I'm hoping to teach a few classes on the weekends while in med school to earn a few bucks.

hey thats funny im from the bay too...and im coming back july. i really think going condo makes so much sense, and from my friends who are first years at keck right now, it seems like it is a common option (often one student buys and then rents out the 1 or 2 extra rooms to other students, which then covers the monthly payments and then some....not a bad idea, eh). im looking at south pas too, but some other cool areas to check out are silverlake, los feliz, echo park, and some parts of downtown even (there are a lot of really nice high-rises there if you're into that). btw i think working at a gym is a great idea...i have some friends at other med schools who do that, but it really depends on how much work you can get done during the week. though since keck is blocks (fewer tests) it would probably work well. im thinking abt working too, but i dont know where/what yet. :cool:

so has anyone been rejected from usc? do they just wait until end to reject? I have no clue how they work in terms of time scale....any infor is appreciated :)

Just withdrew. Good luck :)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited:
any february interviewees hear back yet?

Hey Sara,

Yes both Fightingon and I were february interviewees. Looks like they sent out a batch of acceptances last week from what I can tell.

ok, i was around mid februrary. I don't live as far a new york though so if they send out in batches that is bad news for me!:oops:

dont worry too much, they will offer non-waitlist accepts thru the end of their interview season (early may, i think?)...the turnaround time can vary depending on how fast your interviewers turned in their eval forms, so that might be holding up your decision.

Hey all accepted students. This means you fightingon. Go join the USC class of 2011 thread in the allopathic forum. Waitlisters, you to...everybody now.

I interviewed January 24th, and I called a bunch of times and they kept telling me wait 2-3 weeks. Finally, after 8 1/2 weeks, I got the acceptance from USC yesterday. I do live in Rhode Island, so that might be some reason for the delay. Someone posted on another forum that they sent out a batch mid March, and my acceptance was dated March 19th. Good luck to all those still waiting, USC is awesome and I'm definitely going.

Definitely call if you've been waiting a long time. I called again and found out I'm on the alternate list. Good luck to everyone still waiting, I want to go to USC!!!!

yikes i'm afraid to call.

to those who are on the alternate/waitlist...when did you interview?

just called. mid-february interview. said decision has been made and letter will be received by the end of the week. BUT they said they wouldn't tell me over the phone and that i'd just get an email by friday. ridiculous. if i actually cared more about usc, this would be infuriating. probably bad news, i imagine.

but good. that phantom decision arrived, sans the promised email. i got in. who woulda guessed?