Who is your role model? --An Interview Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GT500

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

If an interviewer asked you the question who is your role model and why, how would you respond? I do not know how to really approach this question. I suppose I would say my good friend who is already in pharmacy school. Well thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

Easy one: my dad.
He's one of the most highly regarded trauma surgeons in the country, from all I've heard.

My parents.
why- They walked for days with nothing to eat from cambodia to thailand during the khmer rouge movement, escaped death, and came to the United States knowing no english, and with nothing but the clothes on their backs. Now, they live the american dream and are putting me through college. This gives me the motivation to do well in school and it shows that with hard work I can achieve my goals.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bruce Lee - for fighting against racial stereotypes and cultural restrictions. He reversed the claim of asians being timid, weak and unathletic. He taught people martial arts regardless of what color skin they had in addition to inspiring millions of people worldwide. An advocate of self discovery and health&fitness, even decades after his death, people still are still inspired.

:ninja:

I figure its a little different from what other people would say :D

My mom. Cliche I know, but she is the reason why I got into pharmacy. She also has an amazing work ethic and struggled to to get where she is.

My mom. Cliche I know, but she is the reason why I got into pharmacy. She also has an amazing work ethic and struggled to to get where she is.

I dont think it matters if it's cliche or not, as long as you have reasoning behind it and it's sincere, and usually they can tell if its or you're just bull ****ting.

Kobe Bryant. His work ethic and drive to be the best he can be... lives by the saying " everybody wants respect, but not many want to earn it."...lol but i dont know if id use him in a interview

i had a similar question at an interview. i said my dad always influenced me to follow his footsteps. now, i realized my boyfriend who's in pharmacy school has intrigued me with his school work and it makes me very excited I might get a chance in pharmacy school too.

GOOD LUCK to all.

Hello everyone,

If an interviewer asked you the question who is your role model and why, how would you respond? I do not know how to really approach this question. I suppose I would say my good friend who is already in pharmacy school. Well thanks for your input.

I think this is sort of a personal question that only you could answer. Just do a bit soul searching and think: is there an individual in your life that, perhaps, significantly influenced your personal development and contributed to your decision to pursuing pharmacy ?

I know my mom has greatly influenced my career choice and despite her own career choice being very different from mine, I would definitely call her my role model.