Who knew Yaah was so cute?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My talent is baton twirling. I can also run a bowel in 4.7 seconds but that talent doesn't translate well to the stage. I can also play Liszt's Mephisto Waltz with my toes.

I will have no trouble with the bathing suit competition seeing as I recently acquired breast and ass implants. :p

Swim in my wake.

I hope I don't get stalkers now. Unless they are attractive female stalkers. I might be willing to deal with that one.

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
My talent is baton twirling. I can also run a bowel in 4.7 seconds but that talent doesn't translate well to the stage. I can also play Liszt's Mephisto Waltz with my toes.

I will have no trouble with the bathing suit competition seeing as I recently acquired breast and ass implants. :p

Swim in my wake.

I hope I don't get stalkers now. Unless they are attractive female stalkers. I might be willing to deal with that one.

yeah just don't advertise your new AIM screenname either. oh wait, somebody can look at one of your previous posts if they look hard enough, make the connection, find out where you live even if they're smart and resourceful enough. now they know what you look like. oh man, you're ****ed.

AndyMilonakis said:
yeah just don't advertise your new AIM screenname either. oh wait, somebody can look at one of your previous posts if they look hard enough, make the connection, find out where you live even if they're smart and resourceful enough. now they know what you look like. oh man, you're ****ed.

I still am not using AIM. Don't like it. Everyone knows where the president lives and no one seems to bother him. Oh, wait. Crap.

Although, if they were really smart and resourceful they could have figured it out anyway.

I live in Des Moines. I commute to Ann Arbor daily. It's rough as ****. In fact, I have to leave right now if I'm gonna make that 7:30 conference tomorrow morning.

yaah said:
I still am not using AIM. Don't like it. Everyone knows where the president lives and no one seems to bother him. Oh, wait. Crap.

Although, if they were really smart and resourceful they could have figured it out anyway.

I live in Des Moines. I commute to Ann Arbor daily. It's rough as ****. In fact, I have to leave right now if I'm gonna make that 7:30 conference tomorrow morning.

I didn't like AIM at first...however, I grew to like it. I tried MSN messenger but for some reason it didn't work on my comp.

The annoying thing about AIM are the sounds...like when friends log on or log off ... or when friends message you when you're in the middle of a game. I still find AIM useful to communicate with old friends who are now scattered around the world. The talk function is pretty cool too...especially when I'm playing team games with clanmates...it sure beats typing in everything you wanna say while micromanaging and concentrating on the game. AIM is good also for chatrooms...we're planning my buddy's bachelor's party as I speak.

Yaah would win any contest hands down.

yaah said:

Isn't that scary? I mean these forums are anonymous; however, your profile could conceivably have enough information where somebody could identify you. Also, people could guess who you are based on the content of your previous posts. Not that I would care if anybody found out my identity (I mean...hmm...MSTP student at Michigan...oh so many possibilities :p )but the whole potential stalker or weirdo thing is scary. Time to go edit my profile now...I forgot to take my antipsychotic pill today.

Considering that I'm a bit paranoid, I could conjure up some other scenarios after which I could say "now that's a sticky situation" (did anybody see that SP episode tonight?)

yaah said:

I'm afraid it's going to be extremely difficult to take you seriously from now on.

deschutes said:
I'm afraid it's going to be extremely difficult to take you seriously from now on.

I never took him seriously. That's probably not even his real picture either. :p

Anyway, I called the program director at Michigan yaah...he said he never even heard of you! :p

AndyMilonakis said:
I never took him seriously. That's probably not even his real picture either. :p

Anyway, I called the program director at Michigan yaah...he said he never even heard of you! :p

My goodness, so many doubts. That's fine though. Seriousness is a disease, as contagious as syphilis and as devastating as the plague. Seriousness has killed many people. The 14th president of the United States, Franklin Pierce, died of seriousness, as did poor Mahler. Of course, you do have to understand when to take things in moderation. Like today, at the autopsy I did, I did not get up on the table and tap dance to the music of Riverdance in front of the surgeons who were viewing us. It's all a fine balance. Some people are so silly all the time that you never know when to pay attention to them.

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
My goodness, so many doubts. That's fine though. Seriousness is a disease, as contagious as syphilis and as devastating as the plague. Seriousness has killed many people. The 14th president of the United States, Franklin Pierce, died of seriousness, as did poor Mahler. Of course, you do have to understand when to take things in moderation. Like today, at the autopsy I did, I did not get up on the table and tap dance to the music of Riverdance in front of the surgeons who were viewing us. It's all a fine balance. Some people are so silly all the time that you never know when to pay attention to them.

In all seriousness though, the posts on your residentdiary page are very informative. They diary entries were fun to read. Cheers.

Hey Yaah,

Nice post on residencydiary.com regarding your application experience. It was very helpful regarding what to expect. I think people who are applying to path this year should definitely read it.

Personally, I thought it could've been much longer-winded ;)

Anyways, you truly are a badass! You were probably near the top of Michigan's rank list by far.

AndyMilonakis said:
Hey Yaah,

Nice post on residencydiary.com regarding your application experience. It was very helpful regarding what to expect. I think people who are applying to path this year should definitely read it.

Personally, I thought it could've been much longer-winded ;)

Anyways, you truly are a badass! You were probably near the top of Michigan's rank list by far.

All of this AND looks, too!! ;)

Great information; by the way, you really kicked the S&%$ out of the boards!

yaah - thanks for the Voice of Experience entry!

I'm going into the application process with pretty much the same goals, but from a completely different tack.

Right now I'm coming across two categories of programs.... Some (the so-called "top tier"s) seem to be less stringent with regards to board scores, both in terms of actual figures and deadlines for submission. Others (this is a mixed bag) seem to want Step 2 as early as November. Which will severely limit my chances.

"Apply and see!" - the battle cry.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. If Russian roulette is interesting.

JennieFinch said:
This yaah man is quite cute. Call me.

Ah, would that I could believe you. I regret that you are likely someone who registers a separate account just to attempt to draw me in with the phantom calls of a syren.

Good one though. Someone pretending to be Jennie Finch is almost automatically hot by association. I guess the name "ElisabethShue" was taken?

yaah said:
Ah, would that I could believe you. I regret that you are likely someone who registers a separate account just to attempt to draw me in with the phantom calls of a syren.

Good one though. Someone pretending to be Jennie Finch is almost automatically hot by association. I guess the name "ElisabethShue" was taken?

I doubt ElisabethShue is taken. I don't think there are that many people registered on SDN such that a name like this would be taken. However, AIM has probably millions of different screen names registered. I mean DanielSan, MisterMiyagi, and now MiyagiMister is already taken. I think even HotSteamingTurd is taken (not my screen name though). Amazing!

AndyMilonakis said:
OK...now Matte, DoctorB, and some of the other path resident folk need to post their pictures on there. Then we'll have a talent competition then a bathing suit competition, and.....it'll kinda be like our own little Dr. Pathology pageant

And here I thought I'd never use my Speedo again!

yaah said:
You all think I'm cute now, should see me as a l'il tyke.

Cool stuff...

BTW, don't you have a picture of little baby yaah playing with his little Fisher-Price microscope?

AndyMilonakis said:
Cool stuff...

BTW, don't you have a picture of little baby yaah playing with his little Fisher-Price microscope?

When I was a little tyke I wanted to be a real doctor and help patients, therefore microscopes were foreign entities and taboo. Only to be used for looking at pond water and watching the paramecia flit around.

I did have the transformer microscope though. Fittingly enough, the transformer microscope was the nerdiest of all the transformers.

Let's get back to how cute Yaah is!
BTW, what is your shoe size?
ES
P.S. Gonna have some ice cream...sweeten up the baby fat.

yaah said:
I did have the transformer microscope though. Fittingly enough, the transformer microscope was the nerdiest of all the transformers.

Dude! Me too!

Oh man, what was it's name? This is gonna bother me for the rest of the day.

Intrigued as I am about this transformer, and of course as a way to procrastinate Step 2 studying (2 more days!) here it goes...
let's just say that after reading this...Perceptor is my hero (and I thought Optimus was great)

http://www.unicron.us/tf1985/figures/perceptor.htm

Profile: Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else. To him, being on Earth is like a miner finding a new vein of gold- each eagerly
plumbs untold riches, neither knowing when his source will run out, if ever. Perceptor's specific role in the Aulobot cause is studying how best the Autobots should adapt to Earth, and conversely how Earth's alien environment is affecting the Autohots. Autobot Leader Optimus Prime considers this research vital to the Autobots' survival as long as they're marooned on Earth. Although good- natured and friendly, Perceptor is not easily drawn into joining with other Autobots to do anything other than his work.

Abilities: Perceptor is extremely intelligent. His capacity for data storage is second only to Optimus Prime's. Although familiar with all the sciences, his specialties are metallurgy, molecular chemistry, and electrical engineering. He has two different capacities in microscope mode. He can magnify objects up to 10,000 times as an optical microscope and up to a million times as a scanning electron microscope. Using his magnifying lenses to concentrate and intensify its beam, he can convert his lens barrel to a powerful light cannon. It can blast a hole in a cinder block wall 2,000 miles away with pinpoint accuracy. He can use the cannon in robot mode or convert to a third form and use it as a stationary field artillery piece. He also carries a concussion rifle in robot mode.

Weaknesses: If he were human, Perceptor might be called absent-minded, since he is rarely aware of anything but the work in front of him. He actually forgets at times that he is involved in a raging war and, as a result, is sometimes a casualty of it. His magnifying lenses, although resistant to cracking, are nevertheless the weak link in his make-up. Any problems with them not only can bring his work to a halt, but can also considerably reduce his offensive abilities.

Attachments

• perceptor_mib.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 134
Haha! Strong work with the whole Perceptor bit.

Rant of the day: I can't stand drug-seeking malingerers.

elizabethshue said:
Let's get back to how cute Yaah is!
BTW, what is your shoe size?
ES
P.S. Gonna have some ice cream...sweeten up the baby fat.

You are speaking my language. Come over anytime and we can have all the ice cream you want. Jennie Finch hasn't gotten back to me yet so don't worry about her.

You know, despite all that info on perceptor being able to magnify objects so much, the actual scope on him was a 1x objective I believe. Thus, for the uninitiated, like looking through plastic. Actually, it WAS looking through plastic.

I was quite disappointed by the 1x plastic lens on perceptor when I got it. To prove how much of a geek I am, I got a 4x spare lens from one of my dad's old microscopes. Go figure, it didn't fit. And I didn't know where to put it anyway. Megatron was better though...he transformed into a gun. Transforming it back and forth was a b1tch though.

I now have a new favorite Autobot.