Who likes Stockton, CA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdpharmd?

Turning lead into gold
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all the UofP peeps who will admit that Stockton is the Ghetto, especially JasonUCSD2000: :)

"And what about the bad news? Let's take a look at the bottom of your "principal metropolitan areas" list. How would you characterize the less fortunate cities at the bottom?

327. Kankakee, IL
328. Merced, CA
329. Newburgh, NY
330. Stockton-Lodi, CA
331. Laredo, TX

BERT: "Areas at the bottom typically have ? high unemployment, crime and cost of living combined with low educational attainment, a lack of amenities and not much to do. That said, most places at the bottom of the list, such as Stockton-Lodi, recognize their shortcomings and are actively working to improve." "

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4625179/

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by jdpharmd?

327. Kankakee, IL
328. Merced, CA
329. Newburgh, NY
330. Stockton-Lodi, CA
331. Laredo, TX

Ha!!! Take that, Laredo!!!!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry, but this list lost all credibility when it ranked College Station, TX as #14 over Austin at #22! And Las Cruces, NM at #39!!!! Give me a break, they don't even have an airport, it's so small, everyone that lives there drives over here to do all their shopping, eating, partying.

I think this was an april fools joke. :thumbdown: :p

Anybody ever been to Santa Monica? That's my favorite town in the world. And no, I don't live anywhere around there. You mean to tell me Lynchburg, VA and Nassau, NY are better cities? Give me a break. At least Stockton and Merced are within driving distance of many neat destinations. Laredo is within driving distance of Mexico - not that there's anything wrong with that.

At least Stockton and Merced are within driving distance of many neat destinations. Laredo is within driving distance of Mexico - not that there's anything wrong with that.

I agree. You're an hour away from SF and some really cool places. Even Davis is cool to chill in and Sacto has the Kings. For w.e. reason i know hella ppl that have significant others in Stockton and live in the Bay Area, so it can't be that far. UOP has a really pleasant campus as well.

I really dont think Stockton is that bad of a place, I have been to the campus a few tmes and I thought it was ok, I am from Fresno so that is probably why I dont think it is that bad:)

So... I stopped at a gas station (on Hammer lane) in Stockton on my way back to San Francisco today. I wasn't able to get gas because there was a fight going on between two men (one with a wrench). I decided to put my money on the one with the wrench and see who won tonight on the news. :cool:

Hm, well, I go there (undergrad) right now.

Some areas a little farther away from campus can get rough at times, but not areas within the immediate vicinity. The police cars here have been painted to match Stockton PD, which can be both a good and a bad sign, depending on how you look at it.

Within the past 3 years, I've witness 3 on-campus fights (between locals), heard gunshots, and seen 2 fights between people on the street. I know crime is to be expected everywhere, but I wouldn't recommend walking around Stockton past 9pm, 9:30pm.

If you can, go to the beach or mtn schools.

Nice way of saying that area *****