Who took April 2004 mcat cold turkey?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raDiOnut

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how those who took the April MCAT without studying did. I did more or less as expected -- good in VR/writing and horrible in PS/BS. I've got a lot of studying to do, but at least I know where I'm at.

BS: 5
PS: 5
VR: 12
writing: R

raDiOnut

Members don't see this ad.

TheProwler said:
It's all a game, man. Prepping for the MCAT is about as expected as lifting weights for a bodybuilding competition.
a game...
i dunno but ur icon is going to seriously give me some nightmares tonight
i wish i hadnt even opened a page with ur post! :(

Hey guys,
I'm new on this site and this is my first posting. I tried putting one up earlier but I guess it didn't go through. I'm in an early acceptance program out of high school at Saint Louis University called Medical Scholars, so my MCAT score doesn't count. I took the test without studying for April 04 and got a 22T. Pretty disheartening, but I guess it doesn't really matter. Good look to everyone out there who is applying via the regular route.

7 Days, 3 AAMC Practices (91 95 99, I think), 1 Kraplan Comp Review Book
12V 11B 11P Q
1 point higher than on my practices overall, but I usually got a 10 on the practices for verbal; more attributable to the fact I was scared taking the real one and gave it more of an effort. The test isn't too bad if you have a good grasp on physics and chem I/II. Orgo is great to master, but frankly, it really isn't ubernecessary. Akin to getting a 5 on the BC Calc AP exam, but just knowing everything in Calc I. Hmm... haven't made that sad an anology in a while.

Members don't see this ad :)
Took MCAT *ice cold*....After taking a medical leave before thanksgiving the prior semester, i had to make up 14-15 hrs of incompletes at the same time as taking a regular full courseload. Needless to say, I didnt have time to study for it.....27Q, applied and accepted first time around, and will graduate in may, 2005 :D

willthatsall said:
He was kind of normal, just your basic science nerd. I couldn't understand how he could understand chemstry and organic chemistry just by knowing physics. He tried to explain it to me, but it was so over my head it wasn't even funny. He was talking about how by knowing the individual properties of atoms he could figure out exactly what would happen when the atoms were combined in a reaction. As he liked to say, "There is no difference between chemistry and physics. Chemistry IS physics. All science is physics." Since the MCAT is multiple choice, all of the answers were right in front of him. I don't think he ever had to memorize anything in chemistry or physics; that was just the way he thought.

I agree with your friend, physics IS the basis of physical science, as the name implies. But how the hell did he know what the loop of henle is, can't deduce that from atomic physics. Sorry, that wasn't a joke, here's a good one:

In Ireland there is a mental institution that every year picks two of it's most reformed patients and questions them. If they get the questions right they are free to leave.

This year the two lucky gents were Patty and Mike.

They were called down to the office and left there by the orderly. They were told to wait as the doctor got their files.

The doctor came out and motioned for Patty to come in for his questioning. When Patty came into the office he was instructed to sit in the seat across from the doctor.

"Patty you know the tradition of this institution so I imagine you know why you are here. You will be asked two questions, and if you get them right, you will be free to go.

Do you understand all that you have been told?" said the doctor with a rather sly grin.

Patty nodded and the doctor began to question him.

The first question was this. "Patty if I was to poke out one of your eyes what would happen?"

"I would be half blind of course," Patty answered without much thought.

"What would happen if I poked out the other eye?"

"I would be completely blind," said Patty knowing that he had just gotten his freedom.

The doctor then sent him outside while he drew up the paperwork and accessed Mike's files.

When Patty got into the waiting room however, he told Mike what the questions would be and what the correct answers were.

The doctor calls in Mike and he followed the same procedure that he had with Patty. "Mike the first question is what would happen if I cut off your ear?" <

"I would be blind in one eye," he said remembering what he had been told.

This received a perplexed look from the doctor but he just simply asks the other question so that he could figure out what the man was thinking.

"Mike, what would happen if I cut off your other ear?"

"I would be completely blind," he answered with a smile as if he knew he had passed.

But then the doctor asked him what his reasoning was, and he said flatly, "Me hat would fall down over me eyes."
:laugh: NOT, hehehe, one of those corny ones...