Who uses (used) EXAMKRACKERS to prepare 4 the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pursuing MD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the EXAMKRACKERS prep material to prepare for the MCAT? I have the whole set, without the subject workbooks...I wanted to know what you guys think of it, especially their verbal book?

Members don't see this ad.

I have the verbal book too. When I first got it, I thought: This book is too thin! (As compared to Kaplan and PR books) It doesn't have a lot of practice in it but the strategies are good, and you should follow them.

How well did you do on the verbal after using their techniques? It did not help me, but hurt me...that's maybe b/c I did not practice much with their techniques.

You have to practice their techniques if your want to be successful with them.

I did my first practice exam using the examkracker way last weak. I scored a 10. Before that I usually scored a 7.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well it's hard to explain. Bascilly they stress the main idea and tell you to forget the details. Don't mark up the passage because it only disrubts your train of thought.

The first two lessons are devoted to actually answering questions without reading the passage at all. The theory is that most if not all the info needed to answer the question is in the the question stem.

i used EK. I really liked them and did well on the mcat. You can't blame EK or any other test prep for your score though.

-bonnie

EK says to forget everything that Kaplan and PR has ever told you. But at least some of PR's Hyperlearning stategies support EK's. Oh well the surest way is to just do passages and develop a stategy you can depend on.

I just recently order EK Physics and the flashcards to review material, I will tell you as soon as I try them out. ok.:D

Is it me or the In class passages are impossible? I mean i learn a great deal on them but i feel rather depressed after each in class passage. Please tell me if you feek the same way!

I feel more confident with the verbal which is definetely a good thing but Ek passages are kicking my ass!

Hey-

the in class exams are meant to be really hard. DO not used the scale to gauge your progress, it wil only depress you. I don't think I ever got above an 8 or so on these.

I must say that I really like the EK stuff. I have all the review books, the 1001 problems in Physics and Organic Chemistry and I should be getting the 101 Verbal Passages any day now. I also am using the Audio Osmosis CDs to review as I go along, and I am very happy with them. I really like the way they present the material and it is easier to study this stuff for hours on end compared to the Kaplan and PR stuff I used last time around.