Who wants Step II scores?

Started by Idiopathic
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Idiopathic

Newly Minted
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was told by an interviewer that I would need Step II score to be ranked at Oklahoma. Anyone else been told this specifically by any programs?

BTW, Florida, Vandy, UTSW all said that they would rank without Step II.
 
Idiopathic said:
I was told by an interviewer that I would need Step II score to be ranked at Oklahoma. Anyone else been told this specifically by any programs?

BTW, Florida, Vandy, UTSW all said that they would rank without Step II.

Seriously? 🙁 Did not know that about OU. Will not have a score in time to rank. Oh well, need to cancel more anyway.

I do know that New Mexico requires BOTH CS and CK to be completed before you can be ranked.

There was some mention a month or so ago that UVa also requires Step 2, but I talked to the program secretary and she categorically denied that.
 
Idiopathic said:
I was told by an interviewer that I would need Step II score to be ranked at Oklahoma. Anyone else been told this specifically by any programs?

BTW, Florida, Vandy, UTSW all said that they would rank without Step II.


anyone who invited me, because it sho ain't my Step 1 score :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
no oxygen said:
Seriously? 🙁 Did not know that about OU. Will not have a score in time to rank. Oh well, need to cancel more anyway.

I do know that New Mexico requires BOTH CS and CK to be completed before you can be ranked.

There was some mention a month or so ago that UVa also requires Step 2, but I talked to the program secretary and she categorically denied that.

I posted that VCU wants step 2 before they rank.
 
OU is the only program that I've heard of that requires Step 2 before the ROL. There have been rumors about a couple others, but nothing has been substantiated.
 
although i passed comfortably, my step II scores are lower than my step I. my questions are, if anyone has any insight:

1) how do programs make their rank order list, do they have a running list that they make as they interview?

2) most programs i called for gas fortunately do not require you to have a step II score submitted before their rank order list. is this the same for preliminary medicine/transitional? is there a way to selectively send your scores out to programs?

thank you for the help everyone. good luck and happy new year.