who wants to change their test date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

holycow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was planning on taking the mcat on may 31st..but looks like i will not be ready. There aren't any open seats in minnesota or wisconsin. Just wondering if anyone was thinking about dropping june 15th test date?(in minnesota or wisconsin that is) I would like to steal that spot! This is a lame attempt..but my only chance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I was planning on taking the mcat on may 31st..but looks like i will not be ready. There aren't any open seats in minnesota or wisconsin. Just wondering if anyone was thinking about dropping june 15th test date?(in minnesota or wisconsin that is) I would like to steal that spot! This is a lame attempt..but my only chance!

Be careful when you do that. The process that actually takes place for a switch technically goes like this:

1. You have verified seat for May 31
2. You do a search for July 13, find open seat
3. You book the seat on July 13, system now actually has a double booking (for a very short moment in time)
4. You pay change fee, system drops May 31

If you're trying to swap with someone, the issue is that you have to have the July 13 date open before you let go of your May 31 seat. Well someone taking July 13 will have to have May 31 open before they drop their July 13 seat. Unless there's open availability for May 31 at your test location, one of you will not be able to change, instead will have to drop/switch into a new test site.

A call to AAMC with both of you on the phone MIGHT beget a better solution, but I doubt it as they have very similar systems to what you all have.

thanks for that info. I am actually looking for june 15th test date but it doesn't matter. I was actually just hoping that IF someone was planning on changing their test date..perhaps to a later date, then they would tell me. so that i could take their spot.

Hi Holy cow!...guess what I am actually in IL but because I didn't find a seat here, I registered for one in Edina MN. I now want to give my MCAT in August, so I can drop my June 15th date.

Let me know what do to and how and i will be happy to help!

Tia :thumbup: