Who went to Vanderbilt 2nd Look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IHaveLab

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, guys, I'm just curious to find out which SDNers were at Vanderbilt 2nd Look. I was there, and Vanderbilt really, really impressed me. What did you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

I was there and I thought it was completely juvenile. It reminded me of summer camp when I was 10. It's not the type of atmosphere I'm looking for at all and I've since relinquished my spot...

Tinsley55 said:
I was there and I thought it was completely juvenile. It reminded me of summer camp when I was 10. It's not the type of atmosphere I'm looking for at all and I've since relinquished my spot...

Thank you.

For relinquishing the spot, that is.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was there, and I thought it was a lot of fun...

Tinsley, what were you looking for? Friday night showed the fun side of it (Vandy's the most laid back med school I've ever visited) while Saturday showed the more serious side of things (aside from the "speaker" on Nashville, who came in lieu of the mayor).

i was also there, and have decided to go to another school. Vandy was great, but it just wasn't perfect for me.

Keg said:
I was there, and I thought it was a lot of fun...

Tinsley, what were you looking for? Friday night showed the fun side of it (Vandy's the most laid back med school I've ever visited) while Saturday showed the more serious side of things (aside from the "speaker" on Nashville, who came in lieu of the mayor).

Maybe I was too negative before but I guess I didn't find the fun side of it to be all that fun. Further, I just didn't mesh well intellectually or socially with most of the people that seemed likely to be going there. I don't want to bash your school if you're headed there, but it's just not for me.

IHaveLab said:
So, guys, I'm just curious to find out which SDNers were at Vanderbilt 2nd Look. I was there, and Vanderbilt really, really impressed me. What did you all think?
was there...was great...loan digger was hilarious

i thought that the "loan digga" song and "pimp my scrubs" skit was hilarious. i laugh now still thinking about it.

I was also there, and really enjoyed the weekend. I will definitely most likely be going there.

Tinsley55 said:
I guess I didn't find the fun side of it to be all that fun. Further, I just didn't mesh well intellectually or socially with most of the people that seemed likely to be going there.

I guess I did get a very laid back, almost 'frat guy' feel from some of the people I met (current students and 2nd lookers). It didn't bother me--I go to a Southern school now that has a similar 'work hard, play hard' mentality--but is that what turned you off?

PS. Don't worry...whatever you say isn't going to offend me. I'm just curious for the sake of SDN conversation.