Who will be reading our applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pacific_Ocean

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows who medical admissions committee consists of, e.g. doctors, scientists, medical students, etc. I wasn't sure much I should simplify my research in the activity descriptions.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not on Adcoms, but if you look on the Admissions Committee for medical schools (if they disclose this), the committee consists of MDs, PhDs, MD/PhDs and medical students. I think you should take a different approach on your descriptions though. Rather than describe (or simplify) your research, describe how the experiences helped you grow and why you want to pursue medicine.

Reactions: 1 users
You absolutely should simplify your research in your personal statement.Your research doesn’t tell the admissions committee much about you. Use the limited space that you have to focus on telling your story.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows who medical admissions committee consists of, e.g. doctors, scientists, medical students, etc. I wasn't sure much I should simplify my research in the activity descriptions.
My school's admissions committee consists of DOs, MDs, PhDs in various sciences, and medical students.

Other schools may have a lay member of the community on Admissions as well.