SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Whom to refer for implants?

Discussion in 'Dental' started by priya26, Aug 13, 2002.

  1. priya26

    priya26 Member 7+ Year Member

    Feb 4, 2002
    I need to refer somebody for implant surgery. Which speciality takes care of that: Perio or OS?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. gryffindor

    gryffindor Dentist 10+ Year Member

    Feb 2, 2002
    Periodontists, prosthodontists, and oral surgeons all place implants. Some general dentists even get extra training and do implants also, but they are probably fewer in number than the specialists that do them. Which one you refer to depends on the practitioner's experience and who you like.

Share This Page