Who's Going to Hopkins?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cster0905

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone decided they'll be going to Hopkins this fall?

I am heavily leaning that way though strongly considering UCLA, and very distantly Yale and Emory.

I'll be MHS in Health, Behavior, & Society if I head to Baltimore.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to Hopkins for the MPH. There are a lot of factors to weigh, but for me ultimately, career development was the most important.

If I were given the options, I'd probably go to Hopkins. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also going to Hopkins for the MPH.

Strongly leaning towards Hopkins for an MHS in GDEC. Anyone living on campus in Reed Hall?

I haven't personally been to the SPH, but a colleague who went to visitors day stayed in Reed hall and said that the accomodations were nice enough. She specifically said make sure you get the suites. One other thing to consider with reed hall, it's fairly near the hospital so you may get loud ambulence sirens and medi choppers at strange hours of the night. Personally I don't think I'll live in Reed - you would be sharing with 3 other people ... sharing an off-campus apartment would actually cost less (and be in a nicer neighborhood in a nicer building).

If you have never been to baltimore i would really suggest NOT to live near Hopkins medical campus. There are many apartments in other neighborhoods at reasonable prices (especially if you are sharing). Hopkins medical campus area is not the safest and there are no amenities near by such as grocery stores etc. I live in Baltimore now so if you guys have any questions or concerns that could help with send me a message if you want.