Who's in? post to help others

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey Chocobo! I was just wondering if volunteering at free dental clinic is the only extracurricular you did? or can u list all of them? No offense, just wondering how much extracurricular activities I should be doing. btw, I'm @ UCSD too. :luck: And, congrats on your acceptance to UCLA!

hey i dont know if you noticed but those people posted about 5-6 years ago haha :p

Members don't see this ad.

1. Duke University for Undergrad, U. Buffalo to finish predent requirements
2. 3.5 Overall, 3.7 Science, Have a BA in Economics from Duke
3. 20 TA, 21 TS, 21 PT
4. Duke Varisty Football Team, Shadowing at UBuffalo Dental School, Working at Dental School in Equipment Repair
5. UBuffalo and UPittsburgh (only two i've interviewed for)
6. Advice: apply early and take the DAT's early. I applied late and didn't take my DATs till late september which means schools didn't get my scores till mid October. I'm lucky I got the interviews that I did.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, you serious? didn't u post your stats too?

haha yea i did just cuz someone recently wanted to continue the thread...but the couple people you asked questions too are long gone...just look at the dates next to their posts :D

1)Undergrad - Vanderbilt Univ
2)3.6 molecular biology
3)DAT 21/19
4)Extracurriculars - a lot, I work at a dental office over the summer too
5)Accepted: NOVA :thumbup: , its the only school I applied to
6)Advice: Just get some experience in a dental office and relax. In the interview they want to see the real you.

I also applied after only 3 yrs of college... so there is hope for all of you out there that did the same :)

1)FIU
2)3.0/Bio, and a minor in Chem
3)AA=20, TS=22:thumbup: /PAT=17:thumbdown:
4)Pre-Dent President, a year before I was Treasurer, Gen. Bio Review Leader(2yrs) and Supervisor of program(2 more years), Co-founder of Gen. Chem tutor program at undergrad school(1.5 years), College of Arts & Science Council Rep. for Bio majors(1 year), Honors Council Treasurer(1 year), Founded a community service club for pre-dents at my undergrad(3 years), alot of shadowing!
5)Accepted:Boston University, and Temple, Rejected: UF and Nova, Withdrawn: Pitt and Maryland.
6)Do very well on your DATs, be yourself at the interview and they will love you. Don't be competitive with your fellow undergrad pre-dents, I know I wasn't!

I swear I've posted this exact same stuff before but...

1)Undergrad: San Diego State University
2)Grades: 3.55 GPA/ 3.75 Science GPA - English Major with a minor in Art
3)DAT Scores: AA=22, TS=21, PAT=23
4)Extracurriculars: 40+ hours of shadowing, 100+ hours of volunteering in dental clinics, worked in dental offices for 8 months, Officer or member of various student and national organizations such as Student Health Advisory Board, American College Health Association, Predental Club, Alumni Associations, Ceramic Arts Association, etc.
5)Accepted: USC, Nova, Pacific
6)Advice: Find a way to stand out of the crowd by looking for a change that is needed for the better and make it happen. I think most schools look for people who can do this since it is a sign of both compassion and leadership. Also, in the interview, try not to get too nervous. It's a unnerving process, so ADCOMs expect you will be a little nervous, but all they really want if for you to be honest and who you are.