Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Who's waiting for their Spring07 Grades?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by KEC029, Apr 20, 2007.

1. KEC029

10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Are you guys sending in your transcript with or without the Spring 07 grades?

Do we have to send in Spring 07 grades? even in later?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ice4804

ice4804 Let the fun begin...
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Depending on the classes/number of credits you have completed (not including the current semester), you most likely do not have to wait for spring grades to submit you transcript, but I still am. I'm not sure if it is like this at all schools, but on the transcript request form at Pitt, you can just write 'Hold for grades' on the form and they will send it out for you automatically as soon as spring grades come in.

4. toothfairy85

toothfairy85 Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I may be mistaken, but I think last year on the AADSAS site it told us that our transcript must have Spring 2006 grades included for our application and AADSAS GPAs to be processed.

5. dmd2011

dmd2011 Random Hero
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i just waited a week or so until my spring grades were available to submit my application.

6. reapply2007

reapply2007 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You can fill out your AADSAS information with an unofficial transcript and then mail the official transcripts to AADSAS when your school makes them available. AADSAS will verify your grades once the official transcripts arrive. If you are trying to avoid have d-schools seen the spring '07 grades, you'll need to send official transcripts to where you get accepted before you matriculate. Some schools want transcripts as part of the secondary application. Either way, the school will eventually see all of your grades. Disclose grades early and you won't have anything to worry about.

7. dmd2011

dmd2011 Random Hero
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i think they are talking about their school not releasing their grades until after may 15. in that case they wouldnt even have unofficial transcripts with their spring grades.

8. reapply2007

reapply2007 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Good point. If this were me, and an unofficial transcript were not available, I would make my best guess at spring grades and let AADSAS sort out the grades when the official transcripts arrive. AADSAS verifies GPA and coursework, and makes changes as necessary as part of the AADSAS application mystery.

9. bruinpredent

bruinpredent UCLA School of Dentistry
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    huh? AADSAS has to have our spring grades? man that sucks for people on the quarter system...