1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

why april MCat?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by DreamyKid, Apr 19, 2007.

1. DreamyKid

10+ Year Member

I see it everywhere when people say take the april instead of august. But Mcats are like offered twice a month, what about the january or may one's? Is there like a special reason why April is so good? The curve or something?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It used to only be offered April and August. The change was made after August 2006.

4. CATallergy

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    maybe because people who only consider the historically offered months do so because they have a hard time thinking outside-the-box, which is a skill tested on the MCAT; thus these months have a better curve.

jk

5. crx7

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If I had taken it in January I wouldn't have had a winter vacation period and I was blown after the fall semester. I just didn't feel like taking it then. In August I just didn't feel ready yet in terms of the courses I had taken. April was the first date available after January, meaning if I did well I could possibly have my application in June 1st otherwise I'd have time to take it again.

Either way, it was a mistake, I've been taking 9 hours which includes Biochem II, Microbiology, Micro lab, and Comp. Vert. Phys. While these classes have helped a lot I have some work to do to make all A's this semester.

6. jochi1543

jochi1543 President, Gunner Central
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    I did April because that's the latest I could do (read - most study time) and still have my scores ready by application time.

7. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    So I could get my apps in early.