Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

why april MCat?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by DreamyKid, Apr 19, 2007.

1. DreamyKid

DreamyKid 10+ Year Member

Feb 3, 2007
    I see it everywhere when people say take the april instead of august. But Mcats are like offered twice a month, what about the january or may one's? Is there like a special reason why April is so good? The curve or something?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Feb 24, 2005
    Classyville
    It used to only be offered April and August. The change was made after August 2006.

4. CATallergy

CATallergy 2+ Year Member

Jan 23, 2007
    maybe because people who only consider the historically offered months do so because they have a hard time thinking outside-the-box, which is a skill tested on the MCAT; thus these months have a better curve.

jk

5. crx7

crx7 7+ Year Member

Apr 9, 2007
    San Antonio
    If I had taken it in January I wouldn't have had a winter vacation period and I was blown after the fall semester. I just didn't feel like taking it then. In August I just didn't feel ready yet in terms of the courses I had taken. April was the first date available after January, meaning if I did well I could possibly have my application in June 1st otherwise I'd have time to take it again.

Either way, it was a mistake, I've been taking 9 hours which includes Biochem II, Microbiology, Micro lab, and Comp. Vert. Phys. While these classes have helped a lot I have some work to do to make all A's this semester.

6. jochi1543

jochi1543 President, Gunner Central 2+ Year Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    MDApps:
    I did April because that's the latest I could do (read - most study time) and still have my scores ready by application time.

7. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012 10+ Year Member

So I could get my apps in early.