why april MCat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DreamyKid

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see it everywhere when people say take the april instead of august. But Mcats are like offered twice a month, what about the january or may one's? Is there like a special reason why April is so good? The curve or something?

Members don't see this ad.

I see it everywhere when people say take the april instead of august. But Mcats are like offered twice a month, what about the january or may one's? Is there like a special reason why April is so good? The curve or something?
It used to only be offered April and August. The change was made after August 2006.

maybe because people who only consider the historically offered months do so because they have a hard time thinking outside-the-box, which is a skill tested on the MCAT; thus these months have a better curve.

jk

If I had taken it in January I wouldn't have had a winter vacation period and I was blown after the fall semester. I just didn't feel like taking it then. In August I just didn't feel ready yet in terms of the courses I had taken. April was the first date available after January, meaning if I did well I could possibly have my application in June 1st otherwise I'd have time to take it again.

Either way, it was a mistake, I've been taking 9 hours which includes Biochem II, Microbiology, Micro lab, and Comp. Vert. Phys. While these classes have helped a lot I have some work to do to make all A's this semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did April because that's the latest I could do (read - most study time) and still have my scores ready by application time.