Why are renegade CRNAs tolerated on this site?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ecCA1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To whit: we have some PhD/CRNA essentially trying to laugh in peoples' faces at the "futility of resistance..." What is the purpose of allowing such harrassment on a doctor's site? Hearing from an occasional CRNA that allowing nurses to behave entirely as doctors is inappropriate is fine, but does not justify the current policy of allowing many others to show up and speak flippantly to us, something they'd NEVER do in person.

Members don't see this ad.

Think of it this way,
If the public is reading this, as they very well may be, then this is an opportunity to debate it and educate the public even if it is only a few people. This is also why it pisses me off when the MD/DO's use profanity and get flustered on this site. Just argue the points in a civil manner as if you were in a public forum. If the crna gets out of control with language then of course he/she will be banned. But if they are spewing lies then call them on it and beat them down, like Ether and others have. If you debate the facts intelligently then you will win the argument.

Just think about the damage some of the past crna's did to their profession by coming on this site and spewing their lies. We let them go on until they absolutely no credibility and then banned them.

I'm not convinced that the general public visits this site, and that the misbehavior of the CRNAs hurts their profession as it regards anyone other than anesthesiology people on this particular site.

You're right, though, the ones who've stayed and made fools of themselves have certainly opened my eyes to the CRNA~"MDA" viewpoint that, as I've found in the ones I've dealt with as a resident after a little dialogue, tend to share more frequently than might be hoped.