Why Creighton doesn't require A/P

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Circuspeanut

College Slave
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to Creighton know why they don't require Anatomy and Physiology? Seems like an important class to take.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone going to Creighton know why they don't require Anatomy and Physiology? Seems like an important class to take.
They want you to take it in pharmacy school instead, though you can waive those classes if you already took it in undergrad I think.

Agree with Vera - in their curriculum, you take Anatomy in the Fall of your P1 year and Physiology in the spring of your P1 year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Correct - you can waive any class that you've already taken. I'm in the process of doing it for A/P 1, 2, and Microbiology.

Correct - you can waive any class that you've already taken. I'm in the process of doing it for A/P 1, 2, and Microbiology.

Do you know if there's a minimum grade requirement we need to have to waive those courses?

Let me just say that I didn't earn As in micro, A/P, and Biochem;)

YOu take A in the Fall (super easy) and physio in the spring. Anatomy is basic with no lab, physio is a little more difficult.

I waived A/P and Biochem. You have to actually test out of biochem and micro. Also if you have taken a stats class you may be able to test out of Biostatistics (take it in the spring). The tests weren't to bad. YOu take them during your week of orientation. AS for grades, I think they want to see you with a B or higher, but I think people got C's and passed the tests...good luck.

Any other questions let me know!! I had a ton of them last year when I got in.

YOu take A in the Fall (super easy) and physio in the spring. Anatomy is basic with no lab, physio is a little more difficult.

I waived A/P and Biochem. You have to actually test out of biochem and micro. Also if you have taken a stats class you may be able to test out of Biostatistics (take it in the spring). The tests weren't to bad. YOu take them during your week of orientation. AS for grades, I think they want to see you with a B or higher, but I think people got C's and passed the tests...good luck.

Any other questions let me know!! I had a ton of them last year when I got in.

It's been a while since I've taken Biochem, and I sold back my textbook for some extra cash. I guess I could review it over the summer so that I can test out of it.I figured anatomy at Creighton didn't have a lab with the class only two credits long.

On one hand, getting out of four classes, especially two in the first semester saves a lot of money, makes my schedule almost undergrad like, or I could even take more electives if I wanted to keep my schedule at the professional school level. Yet, I don't feel like I got enough out of micro, biochem, and even the A/P sequence. Part of me wants to take those classes again so that I can hit the figurative "reset button" over the last two to two-and-a-half years of my undergrad work.

Is there a test for anatomy and physiology for those who didn't get a B or above?

My two cents. If you did not do well in any of the subjects just retake them. Your tuition is the same regardless of if you take 12 or 21 credits. Plus they will bump up your gpa. After talking to several people about opting out of biochemistry, I would not recommend it. Unless you remember a lot of it and did well in it. It will be a nice review if you have taken it before, it isjust that we will really use the info in med chem so if you took it a while a go you may struggle. Many folks to not, i guess it is about your own comfort level.

You have to petition to take the exams to get out of classes. I think you get sent info closer to school. You will need the full description of the class youtook AND a copy of the syllubus. So make sure you keep that or you know your prof's email. Lots of folks got screwed b/c they didnt have that info.

Oh yeah, Micro is your second year.

Wow. Thanks for all the illuminating replies! You're all a big help, as usual. :)