Why did CorpusERDoc get banned?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zinjanthropus

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've asked in a couple of threads and haven't gotten a response so I'm starting its own thread. I can't remember the guy saying anything inflammatory, ever. Plus, wasn't he RockfordVWF before CorpusERDoc?

...inquiring minds want to know...

Members don't see this ad.

I've asked in a couple of threads and haven't gotten a response so I'm starting its own thread. I can't remember the guy saying anything inflammatory, ever. Plus, wasn't he RockfordVWF before CorpusERDoc?

Wonder if CorpusERDoc is in/coming to my residency?

I answered the question in one of the threads, although it may have been asked by someone else. He is someone who has been repeatedly banned in the past. Yes, he was Rockford, but he was here under other names before.

Members don't see this ad :)
I answered the question in one of the threads, although it may have been asked by someone else. He is someone who has been repeatedly banned in the past. Yes, he was Rockford, but he was here under other names before.

Did he do something wrong this time, or did they just figure out it was him under a different name?

Seems unfair. I don't remember Rockford/CorpusERdoc doing anything wrong. The more residents around here, the better, right? I couldn't find anything when I looked at his prior posts... And if it was some past offense, who cares? These TOS violationsare suspicious sometimes.....

Tell me about it. I got a demerit once for someone else not being able to figure out that I was referring to a nonspecific person as being a ***** as an example. They took it as ad hominem, and thus I was given 2 weeks of probation or something. Even after I pointed it out and was agreed with.

Tell me about it. I got a demerit once for someone else not being able to figure out that I was referring to a nonspecific person as being a ***** as an example. They took it as ad hominem, and thus I was given 2 weeks of probation or something. Even after I pointed it out and was agreed with.

I'm clicking on the "report post" button right now in order to clamp down on your use of large, confusing words like "hominem".

Did he do something wrong this time, or did they just figure out it was him under a different name?

He's got a lifetime ban? What kind of offense get's you a lifetime ban and how do you figure out it's him?

I think the mods can see you ISP#, so even if you change names if it's from the same computer they can see it's the same person.

Members don't see this ad :)
The weird thing is that I've looked at his posts and those of RockfordWF, and I didn't see anything at all trollish or offensive. He seemed like a pretty normal, poster who contributed to the forums. Now maybe under a third name he used to be terrible...I dunno. I don't know why SDN doesn't just tell us these things. It's not like SDN member information is covered by HIPAA or something.

The weird thing is that I've looked at his posts and those of RockfordWF, and I didn't see anything at all trollish or offensive. He seemed like a pretty normal, poster who contributed to the forums. Now maybe under a third name he used to be terrible...I dunno. I don't know why SDN doesn't just tell us these things. It's not like SDN member information is covered by HIPAA or something.

I agree, it makes me feel like any of us could be next! :scared:

If he is who I think he is (99% sure), his banishment was well deserved. However, I do tend to agree that in recent years he appeared to change his ways and should be allowed to participate.

If he is who I think he is (99% sure), his banishment was well deserved. However, I do tend to agree that in recent years he appeared to change his ways and should be allowed to participate.
Now I'm intrigued. What were his other aliases?

LOL. I guess I will share. I had to find a way to confirm my intuition before coming forth. Thank goodness his residency posted pictures and names on their website. I don't know all of his names, but I do know that he used to be OSUDoc08. It makes sense. Even under CorpusERDoc it was apparent that he went to OSU (the oklahoma variety).

Simply being banned is grounds for being banned again per the TOS, irrespective of "good behavior".

It's inconsistency with the moderating staff that is the issue.

Also, why someone is banned is not generally made public knowledge because it involves the privacy of others (like if someone insults a mod or other member in a PM - disclosing the contents of a PM that you sent or received is depriving someone else of their privacy).

As for Hard24get, I know that you were a strong candidate judging by the list of programs you interviewed at, but I was deeply offended when you called me a racist; I don't think there is anything - at all - you could say to me that was farther from the truth. I was not nearly as offended by your condescending to me.

LOL. I guess I will share. I had to find a way to confirm my intuition before coming forth. Thank goodness his residency posted pictures and names on their website. I don't know all of his names, but I do know that he used to be OSUDoc08. It makes sense. Even under CorpusERDoc it was apparent that he went to OSU (the oklahoma variety).

oooh, OSUDoc? I've heard of him? What was his deal, anyway? There are all these infamous SDNers, and I don't know what they've done.

As for Hard24get, I know that you were a strong candidate judging by the list of programs you interviewed at, but I was deeply offended when you called me a racist; I don't think there is anything - at all - you could say to me that was farther from the truth. I was not nearly as offended by your condescending to me.

Woah! When did I call you a racist? I said I perceived the thread as racist the context that it was being used. I don't throw that word around lightly at all and though I'm not interested in derailing the thread I'm sorry if I gave you that impression and would like to discuss it. Certainly I took issue with your defense of the thread, but I didn't come away from that debate viewing anyone as racist, for the record.

Also, I have a contentious arguing style that is occasionally viewed as condescending in print, never in person.

I posted the pictures yesterday. Glad someone looks at the site!

so you can get banned for being a douche? maybe i should say douche-y comments lest i fall victim to my own term.

You get a few warnings usually before getting banned I think. And you can get warnings for things you didn't think you were doing. Or at least that's what I know. Maybe others can contribute. That's all I can safely say in this thread.

was this the same guy who used to post in the pre-clinical thread and go on and on and on and on about how goljan taught at his school???? he used to get people pretty riled up on the other thread

Folks, there is a general process by which we decide to warn, infract, post-hold, and finally ban users. Chronic offenders, those who open new accounts to continue trolling after being banned repeatedly, are dealt with via a separate policy. It's a lot more severe, and it doesn't apply to any of the posters in this thread.

In all cases, decisions are made between several mods from different forums (no conflict of interest) and are done in private.

I don't know anything about Rockford's case, but I'm sure the mods had their reasons. If he was OSUdoc08, it would fit, because I remember OSU's posts being very inflammatory, despite repeated warnings.

was this the same guy who used to post in the pre-clinical thread and go on and on and on and on about how goljan taught at his school???? he used to get people pretty riled up on the other thread

BINGO! OSUDoc was a bit of a douche, but that was 2 years ago. I don't get the point of continually punishing someone for things they did in the past, when it's quite apparent they've learned their lesson.

Rockford and Corpus (although obviously the same person as OSUDoc) acted nothing like their former immature self.

Ninja, I'm not sure if you know this..but you've been on double secret probation for some time now :rolleyes:

Well, not you, you don't tend to get into fights with people. Except that ebonics thing, I guess. But otherwise I think everyone likes you :)

H24G, you're never gonna live that one down! But we still love you :D

Ptht. Ye of little faith. The spurs are more than just a good team. They are, well, there are no words. :)

Ptht. Ye of little faith. The spurs are more than just a good team. They are, well, there are no words. :)

I agree they're good..but they aren't the same team you rooted for with David Robinson backing up Tim Duncan...and they are for a lack of a better word...BORING to watch! It's like watching the WNBA :smuggrin:

I lived in SA for a year...I miss Taco Cabana.

Well I don't know too much about the posting history of Rockford and Corpus but OSUDoc08 used to get people all riled up on a continual basis in some of the other forums. He stirred things up quite regularly for a while. Wasn't really a troll but just continually made jackass comments and generally irritated people with inflammatory remarks. Was the type of poster who just couldn't control himself despite repeated warnings.

If he is the guy that others have alluded to, he should be banned for that hair and shirt he is wearing in his department website photo.

Could the most recent offensive posts have been deleted by the mods because they were so offensive, and that's why we can't find them?

It's just screwed up that somebody can't be a good cyber space citizen? Why?.... is he just purging his inner jackass? I dunnoo..but to get the old heave ho for past comments/posts...I'm glad that zing is my future classmate and not the...whatever he calls himself these days. I'm not perfect, but I do treat my fellow colleagues as if they are family and would never be anything other then somebody they could turn to in a pinch. Not trying to beat the guy down..but for the love of pete!

Ah, yes, OSUdoc. I remember all of the Goljan nonsense he used to post. A thread could be moving along nicely and BAM! along would come OSU and turn it into a flame war.

As far as looking up people's pictures: do you really have that much time on your hands to track down users? I've had multiple people approach me in real life to talk to me about things I've written on SDN---they don't even have accounts! One person was a total stranger to me. He talked about using the school's directory to find me. That was very stalkerish.

I agree they're good..but they aren't the same team you rooted for with David Robinson backing up Tim Duncan...and they are for a lack of a better word...BORING to watch! It's like watching the WNBA :smuggrin:

I lived in SA for a year...I miss Taco Cabana.

What was that you were saying about the suns? :D:cool:

I miss TC as well. *sigh* breakfast tacos! :love::love::love:

psh, didn't you guise know?

You don't get banned around here for breaking rules or pissing people off- you get banned for multiple accounts.

320px-SMirC-rolleyes.svg.png

What was that you were saying about the suns? :D:cool:

I miss TC as well. *sigh* breakfast tacos! :love::love::love:

Did you ever go to Mi Tierra? The place was open 24 hours and they cooked everything in lard, but at 2 am after partying on the riverwalk all night it was soooooo...good. The whole place is decorated in christmas lights 12 months out of the year with pictures of the virgin mary all over the place.

Just to clarify:

that action was reversed on October 6, 2007 after you clarified it with me and you were never put on 2 weeks of probation (we have electronic tracking of warnings and other administrative actions). You received a 1 point infraction because you had received warnings for similar behavior in the past and the infraction was reversed.

As Apollyon and others note, formerly banned users who return are generally rebanned.

However, we do not go looking for them so usually there is a behavior pattern or complaints which result in us finding out who they are/were. This was the case with CorpusERDoc. Depending on the reason for the original ban, there are lengthy discussions which happen at the Mod level and clearly defined ladder of administrative action. Thus, some returnees are allowed to stay but are told that they must toe the line and any additional TOS violations or actions for which they were previously banned results in a ban of their new account.

Rockford/CorpusER was OSU and was told multiple times of the expected behavior which he continued to violate; some threads have been edited or removed and of course, the general usership is not privy to PMs from him which may have violated the TOS. We do not discuss the exact reasons for banning with anyone except the user in question in keeping with our privacy policy.

Regular users should not be afraid that they are going to be banned indiscriminately. There is actually a fairly routine process through which an individual moves before getting banned - the exceptions being SPAM and return bannees that immediately start trolling. It starts with a warning and escalates through a point system to post-hold of varying lengths and then banning. Most users will never move beyond the warning step. Previous infractions are not counted if they have occurred a certain length of time in the past, unless they are especially aggregious and the user continues to exhibit the same behavior.

We try and be consistent but there is no way, especially with the large number of staff members we have, that it is going to be all the time. But in the case of banning individuals, members can rest assured that there is a staff discussion which occurs and decisions are not made unilaterally and in haste. It may not seem that way but honestly, with the exception of Spammers, regular users are not banned very often. It just seems like it because some of those who are, are very prolific (ie, OSU, JPH) and are known site wide.

psh, didn't you guise know?

You don't get banned around here for breaking rules or pissing people off- you get banned for multiple accounts.

320px-SMirC-rolleyes.svg.png

AIIIIIIEEE!!!! Another one bites the dust!!!! :scared:

Wow, that was your 16,000th post!

I don't even think there's a smilie for that!

As Apollyon and others note, formerly banned users who return are generally rebanned.

However, we do not go looking for them so usually there is a behavior pattern or complaints which result in us finding out who they are/were. This was the case with CorpusERDoc. Depending on the reason for the original ban, there are lengthy discussions which happen at the Mod level and clearly defined ladder of administrative action. Thus, some returnees are allowed to stay but are told that they must toe the line and any additional TOS violations or actions for which they were previously banned results in a ban of their new account.

Rockford/CorpusER was OSU and was told multiple times of the expected behavior which he continued to violate; some threads have been edited or removed and of course, the general usership is not privy to PMs from him which may have violated the TOS. We do not discuss the exact reasons for banning with anyone except the user in question in keeping with our privacy policy.

Regular users should not be afraid that they are going to be banned indiscriminately. There is actually a fairly routine process through which an individual moves before getting banned - the exceptions being SPAM and return bannees that immediately start trolling. It starts with a warning and escalates through a point system to post-hold of varying lengths and then banning. Most users will never move beyond the warning step. Previous infractions are not counted if they have occurred a certain length of time in the past, unless they are especially aggregious and the user continues to exhibit the same behavior.

We try and be consistent but there is no way, especially with the large number of staff members we have, that it is going to be all the time. But in the case of banning individuals, members can rest assured that there is a staff discussion which occurs and decisions are not made unilaterally and in haste. It may not seem that way but honestly, with the exception of Spammers, regular users are not banned very often. It just seems like it because some of those who are, are very prolific (ie, OSU, JPH) and are known site wide.