Why did I not get in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hehehe, what for ? You live in LA, isn't that like near Hollywod where all the wanna be actors/models/people who look good come to attempt to become celebrities ?I am sure you don't even have to look or pick up chicks, you just stroll out of bed in your pj's and some want to be model is just sitting on your doorstep, waiting to smooched away by a pharmacy student.

Dang...I should be living in LA.

Members don't see this ad.

Dang...I should be living in LA.

Me too, hopefully I get into one of the LA schools next year. Me for different reasons though: after years and years of living in absolutely sh*tty San Francisco weather, I can't handle it anymore. I want to be exposed to sun light more than 3 days a year ! I want to be as tan as fake tan on Lindsay Lohan !:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think you are fully understanding what is the North of Russia is....LA is a better idea...

We are completely offtoping this thread. The girl is going to get mad we are not giving her advice but rather talking about strippers/strawberries and orgies. We are evil.:laugh::D:)

Ahhh, CrazyFox why, why, why are you not applying this year ? I would love to have you as my classmate.

im tired of the clingy hot models....im in the market for russian pootang

Hehehe, what for ? You live in LA, isn't that like near Hollywod where all the wanna be actors/models/people who look good come to attempt to become celebrities ?I am sure you don't even have to look or pick up chicks, you just stroll out of bed in your pj's and some want to be model is just sitting on your doorstep, waiting to smooched away by a pharmacy student.

Thanks everyone for all kinds of advice...especially the partying. Well I have decided that I definately need to take classes over again if I want to get in Cali NEXT year, but his year I am seriously considered applying to out of state schools...who knows...maybe I'll get in. I just have to let my parents go a little bit. As for getting in Cali schools...I think its too late for classes starting 2009....I am sad : (. However.... just to get a little hope does anyone know of someone who had the same GPA as me and actually got into a school in Cali?????

We are completely offtoping this thread. The girl is going to get mad we are not giving her advice but rather talking about strippers/strawberries and orgies. We are evil.:laugh::D:)

Ahhh, CrazyFox why, why, why are you not applying this year ? I would love to have you as my classmate.
Awww :love:. Well CrazyFox isn't applying because CrazyFox is uneducated community college student.:smuggrin:(i.e tupica) (With whole bunch of mistakes during first year of schooling.) We are always offtoping

im tired of the clingy hot models....im in the market for russian pootang

I would suggest to wait couple of years after graduation.. By that time you are going to be in the market for them...

I would suggest to wait couple of years after graduation.. By that time you are going to be in the market for them...

Check out this article, I almost had a hard attack when I saw it:

http://fishki.net/comment.php?id=11883

Apparently, some Russian girls will marry whomever whenever even if they are old and repulsive looking as long as they are americans. These is where all the stories of crazy Russian brides come from. I want to b*tch slap these girls.

Apparently, some Russian girls will marry whomever whenever even if they are old and repulsive looking as long as they are americans. These is where all the stories of crazy Russian brides come from. I want to b*tch slap these girls.

Oh my god!!! I thought it was looking bad..But not THAT bad...No words...

Oh my god!!! I thought it was looking bad..But not THAT bad...No words...

I am pretty speechless myself of how far these girls are willing to go. :confused: :eek:

I can't believe I am out here learning pchem:laugh: when I should really be learning on how to exploit old men for money and goods.:D:laugh:

I am pretty speechless myself of how far these girls are willing to go. :confused: :eek:

I can't believe I am out here learning pchem:laugh: when I should really be learning on how to exploit old men for money and goods.:D:laugh:
Haha... One of my friends used to joke: Education? I don't need no education...I am beautiful and that's enough... (She was reeaaly gorgeous)

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought about it and too bad I didn't get fully my mom's genes.:laugh:

Haha... One of my friends used to joke: Education? I don't need no education...I am beautiful and that's enough... (She was reeaaly gorgeous)

She was right, education is for suckers. (Jk) On the other hand, imagine her in 20-30 years, all she will have left are her sagging looks, not a whole lot when you think about it.:laugh:

I thought about it and too bad I didn't get fully my mom's genes.:laugh:

I am sure you are a cutie, you are Russian and we are genetically predispositioned to hotness. :laugh:

She was right, education is for suckers. (Jk) On the other hand, imagine her in 20-30 years, all she will have left are her sagging looks, not a whole lot when you think about it.:laugh:[/quot

Yeah, true.Hahaha.Add to that a husband who has somebody else (less saggy) on the side.(I am soo niiicceee).Some of my (early 20ies) friends who are married and already have kids probably will be in the same situation.Anyway I am off to bed...

P.S I loove my friends

Spokoynoy nochi Cheb!!

Hi guys. I need all the help I can get right now. I am very sad. This year I applied to two schools and I didn't even get an interview invite.

My stats:
accumulative GPA 3.01
sGPA 2.85
bs in biological sciences from UC in cali

Pharmacy technician 1.5 years
Volunteered in Pharmacy for 6 months
Lab assistant in clinic for 6 months
Volunteered at Red cross for 3 months
Member of pre-pharmacy club for 2 years.
Worked full time as a store manager all 4 years at University

My biggest accomplishment was that after my sophmore year my GPA was a 2.5, but I worked soooo hard...got a 3.82 GPA my senior year and boosted my GPA to a 3.01. I applied to TOURO and UOP. UOP put me on the waitlist to be interviewed, however, I was declined in March. Touro didn't even ask for my supplemental. Another problem was that the 3.01 GPA was after my grades from December of 2007. So TOURO never saw my updated grades, but UOP did. I am extremely discouraged right now. Do I have any hope????? What should I do???? Is it too late to improve my application now because June I have to start reapplying again? Or should I even reaaply??? I can only go to a California school because I come from a really strict family and they want to be driving distance away from me. If anyone has some tips please help me. Thanks!

I *heard* somewhere that UOP took a lot of their own pre-pharms this year so it was harder for transfers to get an invite or acceptance. I haven't been following the UOP thread (I gave up when UOP told me "no thanks" too) and I have this on no authority, but, it makes sense to me.

"Driving distance" is a little subjective. Southern CA schools aren't THAT far from the bay area, flights are pretty cheap to get down to the LA or SD area. (I drove down to LA last weekend from Sac... it's not that bad!) Also you might want to check out CA Northstate. If you're going to apply for Fall 09, you'll have time to see how the first year there goes, and if it goes well, there's another CA school for you.

My letter from UOP said I could call them after April to chat about my application and why they declined me. So start with that, see what they say, and ask them if they have any suggestions for your year off or if they needed to see something specific to get that interview. Then, work on that. Retake science classes you didn't do well in or take some more upper division classes (and do well!) It's slow going bringing up your GPA but you've got to work at it.

Also get your application in EARLY. UOP especially uses rolling admissions so the earlier your app is in (like July 31st I think) the better. It's hard not to be discouraged but qualified applicants are turned down every year because there's just so many people. So I hope you can keep your head up, take some more classes, and try again next year!

Almost all of those guys are repulsive. I start gaging when I think too much about their personal lives. :barf:

Here's what I think about men: they have to meet certain criteria. As long as they have pleasant facial features, I could care less about what their face looks like. Now, if they're too short, bald, too fat, or they have bad hygiene, then I find them repulsive. Men don't have to be pretty... after all, they're men.
If he's cuter than me, then he's not my type of man. :p Unfortunately, those Russian brides get stuck with the Americans who have very few, if any at all, admirable characteristics.

Also, while I'm thinking about mail order brides, I want to sneak in this video...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMwZsFKIXa8[/YOUTUBE]

Here's what I think about men: they have to meet certain criteria. As long as they have pleasant facial features, I could care less about what their face looks like. Now, if they're too short, bald, too fat, or they have bad hygiene, then I find them repulsive. Men don't have to be pretty... after all, they're men.

Here's what I think about women: they have to meet certain criteria. As long as they have pleasant facial features, I could care less about what their face looks like. Now, if they're too short, bald, too fat, or they have bad hygiene, then I find them repulsive. Women don't have to be pretty... after all, they're women.

Here's what I think about women: they have to meet certain criteria. As long as they have pleasant facial features, I could care less about what their face looks like. Now, if they're too short, bald, too fat, or they have bad hygiene, then I find them repulsive. Women don't have to be pretty... after all, they're women.
Sounds good... It must be universal.

Hi guys. I need all the help I can get right now. I am very sad. This year I applied to two schools and I didn't even get an interview invite.

My stats:
accumulative GPA 3.01
sGPA 2.85
bs in biological sciences from UC in cali

Pharmacy technician 1.5 years
Volunteered in Pharmacy for 6 months
Lab assistant in clinic for 6 months
Volunteered at Red cross for 3 months
Member of pre-pharmacy club for 2 years.
Worked full time as a store manager all 4 years at University

My biggest accomplishment was that after my sophmore year my GPA was a 2.5, but I worked soooo hard...got a 3.82 GPA my senior year and boosted my GPA to a 3.01. I applied to TOURO and UOP. UOP put me on the waitlist to be interviewed, however, I was declined in March. Touro didn't even ask for my supplemental. Another problem was that the 3.01 GPA was after my grades from December of 2007. So TOURO never saw my updated grades, but UOP did. I am extremely discouraged right now. Do I have any hope????? What should I do???? Is it too late to improve my application now because June I have to start reapplying again? Or should I even reaaply??? I can only go to a California school because I come from a really strict family and they want to be driving distance away from me. If anyone has some tips please help me. Thanks!

I have VERY similar stats and wasn't even given an interview either... twice. I applied really early second time around and no difference. I called the schools and everyone pretty much hinted that my GPA was too low. I agree to an extent... but I honestly feel that a 3.0 from UCLA is comparable to a 3.5 from any CAL state (no offense intended)! I'm just going to have to retake some classes... you should do the same if you want to pursue pharmacy in CA. good luck to you!

I have VERY similar stats and wasn't even given an interview either... twice. I applied really early second time around and no difference. I called the schools and everyone pretty much hinted that my GPA was too low. I agree to an extent... but I honestly feel that a 3.0 from UCLA is comparable to a 3.5 from any CAL state (no offense intended)! I'm just going to have to retake some classes... you should do the same if you want to pursue pharmacy in CA. good luck to you!

Have you taken several of the same courses at both universities? If you have not then how can you say a 3.0 is equal to a 3.5, those grade points are very different especially after completely a lot of credits. I am not offended by your comment, I go to school in the NW but I think it is pretty ignorant unless you have personal experience in several of the same courses at both universities.

And if the other school is so much easier why didn't you go there for undergrad so you could boost your GPA instead of whining a few years down the road? You can blame your school and think other schools are easier and it is unfair, but you made the choice of where to go to school and you could have worked harder and pulled As in your courses at your current school.

You are where you are now, so instead of whining things are unfair, do something proactive to improve your application for next cycle.

I have your stats and got into two schools (see below). If you absolutely have to get into an established CA school, you're looking at at least 2 years of remediation to get in. You can either do that at the CC level or go get your master's in a stepping stone degree.

Almost all of those guys are repulsive. I start gaging when I think too much about their personal lives. :barf:

If he's cuter than me, then he's not my type of man. :p Unfortunately, those Russian brides get stuck with the Americans who have very few, if any at all, admirable characteristics.

Also, while I'm thinking about mail order brides, I want to sneak in this video...
[youtube]SMwZsFKIXa8[/youtube]

But, what is a true love then?

Sure, it actually happened to one of my ex bffs. She moved away from her mom to pursue pharm school. After 3 yrs of pharm school she dropped out and became stripper.(I am not kidding). You wanna know why that happened? because her mother was a control freak. Because she literally had no life with mom...

Mom drove daughter to the pole...wow..you people are funny:zip::laugh:

No actually both are....

Don't pay attention to him, this guy is a character. He meant to insult Russians with this question but that just shows what a redneck he is.

Don't pay attention to him, this guy is a character. He meant to insult Russians with this question but that just shows what a redneck he is.

Oh god, another Sprada type guy

But, what is a true love then?
this...

normal_wife.jpg

to pharmd1986: You didn't get in because your GPA is far too low for California schools. You need to have at least a 3.5 overall and at least a 3.3 Sci/Prereq GPA to consider yourself a competitive applicant!

what's up with all the russian hunniez on this site, i had no idea, what a pleasent surprise!:eek:

to pharmd1986: You didn't get in because your GPA is far too low for California schools. You need to have at least a 3.5 overall and at least a 3.3 Sci/Prereq GPA to consider yourself a competitive applicant!

what's up with all the russian hunniez on this site, i had no idea, what a pleasent surprise!:eek:

You've seen nothing yet ;)

Since I count too, you'll never not be surprised by me! I like to keep things interesting (to say the least).

To poster with a wife pic.That's why I don't wanna be just a wife...

shut up....and make me a sandwich

kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

Here we go....lol

For all those men who say, Why buy a cow when you can get milk for free. Here's an update for you: Now days, 80% of women are against marriage, WHY? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.

Men are like....

1. Men are like ...Laxatives ...... They irritate the crap out of you.
2. Men are like.
Bananas ....... The older they get, the less firm they are.
3. Men are like ......
Weather . Nothing can be done to change them.
4. Men are like .......
Blenders You need One, but you're not quite sure why.
5. Men are like .....
Chocolate Bars .... Sweet, smooth, & they usually head right for your hips.
6. Men are like ....
Commercials....... You can't believe a word they say.
7. Men are like
Department Stores ..... Their clothes are always 1/2 off.
8. Men are like ......
Government Bonds.... They take soooooooo long to mature.
9. Men are like .....
Mascara . They usually run at the first sign of emotion.
10. Men are like .
Popcorn ..... They satisfy you, but only for a little while.
11. Men are like
Snowstorms .... You never know when they're coming, how many inches you'll get or how long it will last.
12. Men are like ........
Lava Lamps .... Fun to look at, but not very bright.
13. Men are like
Parking Spots .......... All the good ones are taken, the rest are handicapped.

Now send this to all the remarkable women you know, as well as to any understanding good-natured, fun kinda guys you might be lucky enough to know !!!!!!!!!!

Two schools is not very many to apply to and 3.01 is not a competitive GPA. You just need to keep working on improving your application. Some people get in with a 3.01, but they typically apply alot of places and they don't know going in which adcom will see something in them that others do not.

thats what my (nonexistent) girlfriend said...now shes doing 2-4 in the basement

heres a tip to the women...

please!!! CHANGE THE OIL IN YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here we go....lol

For all those men who say, Why buy a cow when you can get milk for free. Here's an update for you: Now days, 80% of women are against marriage, WHY? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.

Men are like....

1. Men are like ...Laxatives ...... They irritate the crap out of you.
2. Men are like.
Bananas ....... The older they get, the less firm they are.
3. Men are like ......
Weather . Nothing can be done to change them.
4. Men are like .......
Blenders You need One, but you're not quite sure why.
5. Men are like .....
Chocolate Bars .... Sweet, smooth, & they usually head right for your hips.
6. Men are like ....
Commercials....... You can't believe a word they say.
7. Men are like
Department Stores ..... Their clothes are always 1/2 off.
8. Men are like ......
Government Bonds.... They take soooooooo long to mature.
9. Men are like .....
Mascara . They usually run at the first sign of emotion.
10. Men are like .
Popcorn ..... They satisfy you, but only for a little while.
11. Men are like
Snowstorms .... You never know when they're coming, how many inches you'll get or how long it will last.
12. Men are like ........
Lava Lamps .... Fun to look at, but not very bright.
13. Men are like
Parking Spots .......... All the good ones are taken, the rest are handicapped.

Now send this to all the remarkable women you know, as well as to any understanding good-natured, fun kinda guys you might be lucky enough to know !!!!!!!!!!

The funny thing is, from a reproductive stand point for the continuation of the human race, you only need 1 male to keep the human race going as opposed to 1 female.

9 month waiting period for females vs 9 minute waiting period for males.

The funny thing is, from a reproductive stand point for the continuation of the human race, you only need 1 male to keep the human race going as opposed to 1 female.

9 month waiting period for females vs 9 minute waiting period for males.

Say all you want about superiority of male organism, you know - no amount of porn would be able to keep you sane if females went extinct tomorrow.