Why do pharmacists get paid so much?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You sound like someone who solely got into this field to make money.

Everyone gets into healthcare for the money. Its sort of a hilarious exaggeration that gets tossed around. "I want to help people." Of course you do. Then again, you could help people doing anything. The dude at Chipotle that makes by chicken burrito bowl with fajita veggies, brown rice, mild salsa, and guacamole several times every week has helped me much more than a physician has thus far this year. People do this **** for money, security, and prestige. Hence we get threads like these where a bunch of damned narcissists run rampant.

Why the hell do people that aren't pharmacists care what pharmacists get compensated, anyway? Until my kidnapping for ransom business gets going, I don't really care what physicians make. Hell, there are nurses that make more than me. Yet I don't care. Still get 7 days off in a row 26 weeks a year.

It's 3 pages of douchebaggery and then me trolling and being amused by all of you idiots. A pox on all your houses. I got some Dave & Buster's to attend to if you'll excuse me. And damn if Chipotle doesn't sound good. I'll read the continuance of this thread. Do continue perpetuating the amusement the pettiness of humanity grants me.

Members don't see this ad.

You sound like someone who solely got into this field to make money. It's walking robots like you that don't give a **** about patients as much as counting those digits to the mulla in your bank account thats giving pharmacists a bad name, and causing threads like this to start. Look up modesty in the dictionary.

All of you complaining about doctors being dumb and shouldn't be paid high, heres the difference between pharmacists and doctors: doctors actually care about patients and know a thing or two about compassion and what caregiving is. Something all you retail pharmacists who treat each patient like another pay stub would not understand.

This is the most hilarious part of your silly rant. I wish you will spend a day in a retail pharmacy to actually see how caring most doctors are. We are the ones that give your patients emergency supply because it takes your lazy office over a week to authorize a refill request. why am I even wasting time on this thread ? It's not like your pre-med ass knows what you are talking about anyway. Come back after you become a physician.

Estrace & WVUpharm2007: you both have clearly missed the purpose of my previous post! It was pinpointing how obnoxious formadiazepine sounded and giving a poor name to actual good pharmacists out there. You both must be even bigger douchebags for clearly wanting more money and for getting defensive for stating the obvious. Don't get me wrong I respect the hardworking pharmacists who do their difficult jobs with a smile on their faces, I personally know a few of those. But it's idiots like you that destroy good reputations for them and cause these threads to start. And for the record, back in my pre-med days I've worked along side a number of pharmacists in retail setting as well as in a prestigious cutting edge research setting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Estrace & WVUpharm2007: you both have clearly missed the purpose of my previous post! It was pinpointing how obnoxious formadiazepine sounded and giving a poor name to actual good pharmacists out there. You both must be even bigger douchebags for clearly wanting more money and for getting defensive for stating the obvious. Don't get me wrong I respect the hardworking pharmacists who do their difficult jobs with a smile on their faces, I personally know a few of those. But it's idiots like you that destroy good reputations for them and cause these threads to start. And for the record, back in my pre-med days I've worked along side a number of pharmacists in retail setting as well as in a prestigious cutting edge research setting!

Maybe you should have a talk with the physicians in south Florida taking $400 cash per visit to write Oxy scripts. Clearly they care about chronic pain in 21 year old men and women. That's why they don't charge $450.

There are dicks in every profession and right now you and the other med student, pre-med student trolls are not representing yourselves very well. A med-student who is a real caring compassionate advocate for their profession would be condemning those who misrepresent that general attitude of your profession.

What's crazy about all these posts is that usually it's the young docs who are more appreciative of the pharmacist's role, while the older docs are a bunch of over-indulgent pricks. Good Luck, at some point a licensed Pharmacist will save your ass, maybe you'll have the decency to buy them a beer.

Maybe you should have a talk with the physicians in south Florida taking $400 cash per visit to write Oxy scripts. Clearly they care about chronic pain in 21 year old men and women. That's why they don't charge $450.

Oh yes, they care the most! That is why they will not turn anyone away, provided they can cover the office visit fee.

There is something I have always found silly. You would think that the field of healthcare would encourage those working in it to have compassion and humility. We do the job of caring for the sick and spend years learning how to do that.

Instead, many of us are filled with nothing but titles and egos as big as our salaries and engage in profession wars which typically result in insulting the other professions and down-playing what they do.

At the end of the day the therapists will wind up on top, because they'll be the ones helping us through our many issues :D

Physicians have to Accept all patients because insurance companies cut reimbursement rates and some docs are trying to make ends meet to break even. Pharmacists are paid no matter what so don't complain.

This has been quite an interesting read. Conclusion: DO = Not real doctors Just cant take anything they say seriously :smuggrin:

Everyone knows medicine is more prestigious than pharmacy. No one says as a young child, I want to grow up to be pharmacist. People just become pharmacists because they are too lazy to become doctors or too dumb to pass the MCAT or have a low GPA and could only get into a pharmacy school. The point is everyone values a doctor more and pharmacy is boring, overpaid and they had to start counseling because automated systems can fill and verify prescriptions.

Most of the doctors I talk to say they love their job and its an intellectually challenging and extremely rewarding profession. All the pharmacists I talk to say they hate their job slaving away behind the counter and just are doing it for the money.

Last edited:
Everyone knows medicine is more prestigious than pharmacy. No one says as a young child, I want to grow up to be pharmacist. People just become pharmacists because they are too lazy to become doctors or too dumb to pass the MCAT or have a low GPA and could only get into a pharmacy school. The point is everyone values a doctor more and pharmacy is boring, overpaid and they had to start counseling because automated systems can fill and verify prescriptions.

That, or they do not like having to stick the fingers they use to eat into people's rectums.

Most of the doctors I talk to say they love their job and its an intellectually challenging and extremely rewarding profession. All the pharmacists I talk to say they hate their job slaving away behind the counter and just are doing it for the money.

What's the matter? MD students giving you a hard time? :laugh:

Don't really understand the point of this post as well. We really don't give a damn about prestige or your pathetic reasoning...we'll continue to work hard in our area and maybe someday, we'll save your reputation by preventing medication errors.

And pre-meds...lol. Pre-meds :scared:

Because I have to deal with people on on the cray-cray scale everyday. Also, I have to fight the urge to punch people in the face everyday, that deserves some compensation, right?

best answer yet

:D

I aced my PCAT and scored a respectable 37 on the MCAT. I chose pharmacy because I was married and my wife was expecting when I was in undergrad.

Now, STFU and go pound sand while I wipe my ass with a $20 bill and drive home from work in my luxury sports sedan.

So moral of the story: physicians are getting hosed on reimbursements, pre-meds need someone to blame...oh look, highly compensated pharmacists.

would love for you to tell that to this man:

http://www.stjude.org/stjude/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=030c10e88ce70110VgnVCM1000001e0215acRCRD

Status
Not open for further replies.