Why do YOU want to attend VCU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pewl

The Dude Abides
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What have you guys said, when asked by an interviewer why you want to attend VCU? What's special about this school? I really can't find any special features about it except for the fact that the confederate white house is on campus. =P

Members don't see this ad.

I'd go to the interview and decide for yourself what best appeals to you in particular...interviewers can tell when you are truly being honest in your responses.

For instance, why did you apply to VCU in the first place? Do you like the environment the school is in? VCU is fairly urban. Do you like the programs that VCU is strong in? You can look at the US News ratings or take a look at the different programs within the medical school by checking out the web site.

No one at SDN can answer this question for you as well as you can. Good-luck with it!

madi said:
I'd go to the interview and decide for yourself what best appeals to you in particular...interviewers can tell when you are truly being honest in your responses.

For instance, why did you apply to VCU in the first place? Do you like the environment the school is in? VCU is fairly urban. Do you like the programs that VCU is strong in? You can look at the US News ratings or take a look at the different programs within the medical school by checking out the web site.

No one at SDN can answer this question for you as well as you can. Good-luck with it!

Well, the main reason is that I'm in California. Thus, I have to apply everywhere =P

Members don't see this ad :)
Pewl said:
Well, the main reason is that I'm in California. Thus, I have to apply everywhere =P

Ha-ha, I still get asked at every out of state interview by fellow students:
"So, um, I noticed a lot of CA applicants, why?"
For the thousandth time I go over the population, applicant numbers and number of Cali schools.

I'm tempted to repeat your answer when asked why this school? Duh, would I be applying here if I had assurance that Cali would take me?

I need some help here. I really can't figure out what to say when they ask why do you want to go to VCU.

Pewl said:
I need some help here. I really can't figure out what to say when they ask why do you want to go to VCU.

do you have the msar?

Pewl said:
Of course, but nothing really helpful there.

why not?

make up some speil (sp) about how you love their curriculum, location, etc etc (their website is actually pretty helpful describing this, take the time to check it out)

they just want to make sure you know something about their school.

when are you interviewing there?