Why don't schools send out rejections already!!??!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FSUchic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am pretty much convinced that I wont be getting in to any schools this year. .....here's why:

1.) I have not heard from any schools so far - NO INTERVIEWS
2.) Only one rejection from NOVA in October
3.) My GPA is 3.8, my DAT is 16, 16, 20
4.) Applied to: Nova, Louisville, Tufts, Temple, Howard, NYU

Any feedback would be appreciated....especially if you know how long interviews go on for, and when certain schools send out rejections.

I honestly thought I would have more action by now! If schools don't want to interview me, why don't they just reject me now??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Even people with awesome scores are encouraged to apply to 8-12 schools. Dunno why you only did 6. Lots of school interview through march. Don't know when those schools you listed send out rejections.

A 16 AA and 16 TS is not consistent with a 3.8 GPA. The adcoms will wonder why somebody with a high GPA like yours did below average on the DAT. You should retake the DAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
You probably already know this but one of the things that I can tell you is that your DAT scores are too low. Those scores don't correlate with your GPA. Restudy and get 20+.

Interviews will probably run on into February and March. Also, if someone drops out before classes start, then a school may make offers to candidates who didn't interview.

The year I applied, in March or so, I got too a notification that I was number one on the waitlist at a school where I did not even interview. I don't know if I would have gotten in there because I wrote them back and declined, but if someone dropped from there class they would have taken me.

One girl in my class got notified on Friday before Monday classes began. She lived in a hotel the first semester.

In short, it ain't over till it's over, and that ain't until August.

Schools want to pay the postage increase, so they'll wait to send rejections.

Hey OP, did you get a 3.8 with a science major? or non-science? if non-science, what is your science/BCP GPA?

You probably already know this but one of the things that I can tell you is that your DAT scores are too low. Those scores don't correlate with your GPA. Restudy and get 20+.

You should seriously put this in your signature. I read your new posts daily that includes a "20+"

You should seriously put this in your signature. I read your new posts daily that includes a "20+"

haha. come on, i've only done this maybe 3 times out of my 350 or so posts. maybe you've mistaken me for predent2009, dental2009, or predental2009.

Hey OP, did you get a 3.8 with a science major? or non-science? if non-science, what is your science/BCP GPA?

3.81 science GPA and 3.83 overall GPA (not sure what BCP is??)

3.81 science GPA and 3.83 overall GPA (not sure what BCP is??)
BCP is Biology/Chemistry/Physics.

I have to agree though, your DAT is too low. Your GPA is good, but it can't make up for that low of a DAT. Bring it up 3 or 4 pts, and you will start hearing from schools. Fortunately, schools will continue to accept people well into next year. I've even read on here about people that get accepted just a few days before classes start even. Also, you might not have heard anything yet depending on when you applied.

Agreed with the doc

well even though u had an awesome GPA, if I were in your position I would have seriously considered retaking the DAT. 16's are not goin to do it regardless even if u have a 4.0..schools have a min cut off..if u hear from schools between now and april..great..if not start preparing urself 2 retake it again and then when you apply again ull be in great shape

that is a very low DAT score... but rest assured that you still have plenty of time left to study and re-take it for next cycle. get a higher score, apply to a few more schools, and you're basically in with that GPA

Your DAT is score is low, but when I practiced before, I initially got those scores too. Just buckle down and study hard for it for six months (if you have some school time and summer free). If your BCP is about a 3.8 gpa as well, you just have to worry about your DAT score. Review for the PAT section as well because practice makes perfect.