Why EVMS Interview Question/Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

worried01

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an interview coming up at EVMS. Does anyone have any tips on how to answer the why EVMS question? From what I understand, EVMS has an emphasis on primary care (which I'm interested in) as well as a great standardized patient program. Any other positive aspects of EVMS? How did others answer this question. Also, any other general adivce for interviewing at EVMS? Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

worried01 said:
Hi,

I have an interview coming up at EVMS. Does anyone have any tips on how to answer the why EVMS question? From what I understand, EVMS has an emphasis on primary care (which I'm interested in) as well as a great standardized patient program. Any other positive aspects of EVMS? How did others answer this question. Also, any other general adivce for interviewing at EVMS? Thanks for your help.

Since EVMS isn't affiliated with a university, it has many different clinical sites. Also, they have great emphasis on volunteer and philanthropic events.

I talked about how the school focuses on tradition and I hold tradition in my life very high, etc etc etc

Good luck!

worried01 said:
Hi,

Hi!

The interview was much more chill than I was expecting. After reading the interview feedback, I was expecting it to be brutal with all of the ethical questions. But it was really ok :) Brush up on those and at least know what the major ones are and have some kind of opinion on them.

In addition to what you have mentioned (btw, the standardized patient program does sound wonderful!), I also talked about the area - it's big (like 2 million people) but it's not huge, which is key for me at least. Plus I'm an in-stater, so I talked about how it was close to home but too close, you know? I mean, I think if you elaborate on your interest in primary care and how EVMS seems like a fit for you, in addition to comments about the SP program, you should be fine. Like I said, it was very personable...one of the interviewers started off by talking about sports rivalry between my undergrad and his!

Don't be worried; you'll be fine! But good luck!