Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Why EVMS Interview Question/Advice

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by worried01, Dec 8, 2005.

1. worried01

worried01 New Member

Hi,

I have an interview coming up at EVMS. Does anyone have any tips on how to answer the why EVMS question? From what I understand, EVMS has an emphasis on primary care (which I'm interested in) as well as a great standardized patient program. Any other positive aspects of EVMS? How did others answer this question. Also, any other general adivce for interviewing at EVMS? Thanks for your help.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. benfolds21

benfolds21 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Since EVMS isn't affiliated with a university, it has many different clinical sites. Also, they have great emphasis on volunteer and philanthropic events.

I talked about how the school focuses on tradition and I hold tradition in my life very high, etc etc etc

Good luck!

4. wannagraduate

wannagraduate Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi!

The interview was much more chill than I was expecting. After reading the interview feedback, I was expecting it to be brutal with all of the ethical questions. But it was really ok :) Brush up on those and at least know what the major ones are and have some kind of opinion on them.

In addition to what you have mentioned (btw, the standardized patient program does sound wonderful!), I also talked about the area - it's big (like 2 million people) but it's not huge, which is key for me at least. Plus I'm an in-stater, so I talked about how it was close to home but too close, you know? I mean, I think if you elaborate on your interest in primary care and how EVMS seems like a fit for you, in addition to comments about the SP program, you should be fine. Like I said, it was very personable...one of the interviewers started off by talking about sports rivalry between my undergrad and his!

Don't be worried; you'll be fine! But good luck!