why exactly do u guys want to get into medical school?

Started by umadbrah
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

umadbrah

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why do you want to become a doctor, etc?

How much of it is because you want to help people and how much of it is based on ego?

I know it's a silly question but I just want to know.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why do you want to become a doctor?
Why do you want to be a doctor? [Not to help people]

Hm I wonder what those threads are about. I bet that a forum about getting into medical school that has been up for years would never have had this question asked ever. Better start my own thread.
 
its kinda hard to become a doc if you don't go to med school.

and no, magic herbs found in the rain forrest doesn't make you a doc
 
Why does everyone want to know why other people want to go? They want people to admit that they are in it for money/prestige? Are you looking for possible answers for secondary's? this is thread #3 in last 2 days
 
its kinda hard to become a doc if you don't go to med school.

and no, magic herbs found in the rain forrest doesn't make you a doc

It doesn't???????? 🙁

magicmushrooms.jpg
 
So I was up in Alaska, and I was wrestling this grizzly bear for my life, and I took it by the throat and threw it down on the ground, but I knew right then that I couldn't hurt it. That's when I knew I wanted to be a doctor.
 
Personal statement inspiration.

This.

I want to become a doctor so that I can get really good at golf, and at spending money. My true passion is drifting fast cars, but I lost my Jetta in a pink-slip race to Johnny Johnny "6-th Gear" McGhee, and I need a way to gets a new Ferrari so I can teach him a lesson! Also, my Asian dad told me Are you doctor yet? and I told him no, and he said, Disappointment. So here I am.

And yes, feel free to use this for your PS - I'm a sharer.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad