Why is this Subtopic here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should this subtopic remain here or move to be a Subtopic under Gen Residency Issues?

• Yes move it.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No keep it.

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Who cares? I certainly don't.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Faebinder

Slow Wave Smurf
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to question why is this subtopic here? Why is this not a subtopic in General Residency Issues... "Residency Research" Therefore has more broad interest than just plain Physician Scientists.

A lot of fellowships require research and residents looking at the general residency forum might be more interested in this subtopic if it was located in that area.

Opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

This subforum was created specifically for MD-PhDs seeking to know more about research residencies and issues specific to MD-PhDs rather than to the all MDs. Issues such as the importance of maintaining clinical and research continuity, short track residencies, residency/fellowship packages that lead to guaranteed junior faculty positions, etc ...

It was also meant to be for more in depth research residencies that would lead MD-PhDs to physician-scientist careers.

Members don't see this ad :)
This subforum doesn't get much traffic where it is now, so maybe moving it wouldn't be such a bad idea. In my residency at least, there are plenty of non-PhDs doing the research track along with us mudfuds...

Futher away from the top of the forum the less chance you have of troll posts leave it where it is. My .02's

jameslynton said:
Futher away from the top of the forum the less chance you have of troll posts leave it where it is. My .02's

Are you serious? Trolling? You do realize this is the only post that is visible under this subtopic.... What do I care I guess.. let it sit here and gather dust.