why no separate forum for Ross and other big ones?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewDragon

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
that valueless md site has 10481 posts on Ross alone, st. christopher has 5698 posts, auc has over 5000 posts.

while i am glad that this site has created separate forums for each regions, why can't you guys make it even more specific?

do you not want to compete with valueless md site and other similar ones. or you don't want to draw more users to this site?
or is there a law that prohibit you to creat specific forums for some of the big schools in Caribbean? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

There is really no need to re-create the exam same system they have over there. I like these new forums, regional forums was a good idea.

Stop trying to "beat" ValueMD.

Their Ross, AUC and SGU boards are invincible!

Members don't see this ad :)
No one cares about what happened to you on another message forum, stop constantly whining about it, you sound like a baby. This site is not trying to be ValueMD, it's great the way they made it and occupies a niche of its own.

Regional forums cater to those who apply, think or socialize regionally. It's a nice complement to the already-been-done school-specific forums. If anything, there are too many forums now.

-pitman

i thought that this site was created to get more business. i didn't know that people like to limit their business options.

by creating more general forums for some big schools at the Caribbean, it will effectively compete with others who are very similar.

it is very simple. if the other is selling apples, you want to sell not only apples, but oranges. so you can get more business.
have you all taken some necessary marketing classes?

Originally posted by NewDragon
i thought that this site was created to get more business. i didn't know that people like to limit their business options.

by creating more general forums for some big schools at the Caribbean, it will effectively compete with others who are very similar.

it is very simple. if the other is selling apples, you want to sell not only apples, but oranges. so you can get more business.

This would appear to be a contradiction of your post in the other thread, where you complain about too many ethnic clubs.

-The Trifling Jester

Marketing 201:
- same is not better
- more is not always better
- different often means mutually exclusive

What you want is the same + more, but here the more (regional "communities") makes the same (school-specific micro-communities) impossible. More must be a complement of same or exclude same for success.

-pitman

separate clubs on one campus is not good, but separate forums for each school is good, because each school is already a spearate entity.

and if studentdoctor decides not to compete with valueless md, then of course, staying in different niche in the same enviorment would be good.

it is up to them. i am just suggesting. i thought that they set up this site for profit. more traffic would draw more money, that is obvious.

that is why so many tv stations are producing more reality shows.

you going to get every ross student that posts at valuemd or reads valuemd to move to SDN because its not valuemd?

Not very many people have issues with the board. Just you mostly.

You act like an idiot online, you deserve what you get. At least here you're allowed to post again preppy.

You ever think that the reason you get banned and have problems with these online forums is that sometimes you ignore the rules you agreed to abide by when you signed up?

Lenin has his issues with the school.

As far as SDN, I think what they've done is a big improvement. But get real! SDN pretty much revolves around the US medical student. A lot of their success is based off of that.
SDN is the standard and has its own niche. ValueMD filled a need that SDN never really filled. Before valuemd there were various other message boards for all the caribbean medical schools. Those were filled with some good postings here and there, but mostly it contained a lot of crap. ValueMD came around and with the help of some people, closed those other boards down and cleaned up everything. Its far superior to what we had only a few months ago.

Blast valuemd if you like, but if you want to blame someone for your situation, look no further than yourself.

Appreciate the 2nd opportunity(sp?) you have again with SDN. 2nd chances are hard to come by sometimes.

imbevo, i have never met you in person in my entire life. so there is no need to spread rumors about me, especially when you don't know who i am.

sd and that valueless site is exactly netscape and IE just a few years ago.

if the people at SD has the ambition, they certainly can push that valueless site into oblivion. on the other hand, if SD people think that opening more forums is useless, then they missed a great business opportunity.

that valueless site has rules that they don't follow themselves! they said that 10 warnings = banning, and they banned people without 10 warnings. they change their minds faster than baby changing their diapers. hahaha.

who is the owner of SD? please come out and verify. what is your intention?

SD is not for profit as far as I know.

Its a service to help people, not dominate the world.

There is choice on the internet. Why can't you accept that?

SDN isnt a profit machine. Its for students to communicate in a community. There are folks on this thread more concerned with SDN achieving a profit or dominance on the internet than SDN. In which case youre barking up the wrong tree, missing the point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by pitman
If anything, there are too many forums now.

-pitman

I agree.

I think it was a bad move with these multiple forums. Look at me, I'm sneaking into the Caribbean forum to see what's going on. For practical purposes, there is now nowhere to discuss general IMG issues (no one posts there, for now at least).

At best, SDN could have split the international section into a pre-med forum and USMLE/match forum. These things seem to be the issues, anyway. Is there really a need for a Europe forum? Is the target group actual European med students or the (few) Americans who go to Irish or Eastern European schools? Is it the goal of SDN to have 7 Bulgarians argue over admission criteria to University of Sofia (in English?!?). I doubt that venture will be succesful.

An Africa forum? I fail to see the point of this. Couldn't the excessively few Africans that cruise these boards meet up in a general international forum?

I don't know, I miss the old international forum. I check SDN several times a day and the international forum used to be where I started out. It's where I've received and offered advice for a long time. As it is now, there's no alternative offered by SDN. When I post, I want the solid regular posters (we all know who they are) to see it. That's not happening now.

What I find really strange is that no one asked the regular users of the forum whether it would be a good idea to split it up into 20 forums.

Am I the only one who thinks this way?

might as well convert one of them for NewDragon and Lenin to bitch all day and night about Ross and ValueMD.

They're spamming this forum with useless content.

Originally posted by lmbebo
might as well convert one of them for NewDragon and Lenin to bitch all day and night about Ross and ValueMD.

Agreed. It is getting very tiring. I'm already beginning to tune them out. Anyone else feel the same?

Preppy, get it through your head. The admin of VMD can do whatever they want, it is a privately-run website not a democracy. Your RIDICULOUS comparisons to the Chinese government make you look like an ass. It has been clearly explained to you that they can ban anyone at antime, 10 warnings just means automatic ban. The more you talk about this, the less credible you are and the more publicity you give to ValueMD!!!

Originally posted by lmbebo

you know, do you have the prove that I am "spamming" this forum? there is no need to slander. the people who work for this site did not delete any of my messages, that means, those messages are well done.

if you can't even tell "spam" from regular messages, mmm, how far can you go in the med. school.

hahaha, you are dreaming.

I don't need to be a "preppy" in order to dislike that valueless web site. please, get a grip. you are having an dillusion.

the comparison of that Chinese government in 1989 and that valueless site is well established. I don't see how that comparison is ridiculous, maybe you are one of the few who sided with the Chinese government in 1989, too.

yea, you have once again proved to everyone that those idiots are not following their own rules, they "can ban anyone at antime."

no wonder it sucks big time. :clap:

therefore, Caribbean Medicine is the best!

Originally posted by Meat Cookie
Preppy, get it through your head. The admin of VMD can do whatever they want, it is a privately-run website not a democracy. Your RIDICULOUS comparisons to the Chinese government make you look like an ass. It has been clearly explained to you that they can ban anyone at antime, 10 warnings just means automatic ban. The more you talk about this, the less credible you are and the more publicity you give to ValuelessMD!!!

the comparison of that Chinese government in 1989 and that valueless site is well established. I don't see how that comparison is ridiculous, maybe you are one of the few who sided with the Chinese government in 1989, too.

You accuse just about everyone of slander when you run out of other stuff to complain about.

And yet you slander others without any sensitivity or tact.

How can you even DARE to suggest that this person supports violence and murder?!?!

While I appreciate valid argument based on logic, I detest the kind of mindless mudslinging that you seem to display with pride.

Silenthunder

Comparison 1:

Chinese government in 1989 claimed that students were not following the laws of China; it was illegal to protest at TianAnMeng square. Therefore, Chinese government in 1989 decided to use force to clear the square.

Those idiots at that valueless site claimed that "preppystud" was not following the rules of their valueless site; it was incorrect to post "radical" messages about politics on their valueless site. Therefore, the imbeciles at that site decided to ban "preppystud" to clean their forums.

Comparison 2:

Chinese government in 1989 had laws, which specify when to use military on civilians, and there were procedures to follow in order to utilize the military. They did not follow the laws.

Idiots at valueless site also had rules which stated that a person get banned after TEN warnings. "preppystud" got banned only after 3 warnings.

So neither of them followed the rules that they made up themselves.

So are you clear now?

ps: mitchdc is totally lying about why "preppystud" got banned!! mitchdc you are a liar for saying that "preppystud" got banned because he was trying to sell kaplan. You are just like one of those Chinese reporters in 1989 tell the whole world lies in order to cover up for the true crimes that the idiots at valueless site did.

No I'm not clear.

I criticized you because you made a comparison between
ONE PERSON and the Chinese government.

You did not address this comparison at all.

Silenthunder

that valueless site is not run by one person, it was run by bunch of imbeciles. The chinese government in 1989 was also run by bunch of people.

there you go.

Originally posted by silenthunder
No I'm not clear.

I criticized you because you made a comparison between
ONE PERSON and the Chinese government.

You did not address this comparison at all.

Silenthunder

maybe you are one of the few who sided with the Chinese government in 1989, too.
!

NewDragon, you need to read more carefully.

You made this in reference to Meat Cookie, an SDN poster.

It takes a very small person to call another person a violent murderer. I think it is also a shame that the SDN moderators allow you to attack and slander individuals.

Silenthunder

ahh, wish I had known about that feature sooner :)